Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any site explaining system setup with logger, winkey,etc. with examples?

Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Aren't there any site explaining about the system setup with logger, winkey, **** rig etc. with any examples? Finally got 6500 last weekend and it works great as a stand alone machine. Now I need to set up with logger (Logger32), Linear amp, Winkey, fldigi, etc., hopefully by CQ WW CW, however I am new and not sure how I organize smartSDR CAT/DDutils v3 with others. Preferably, I want Flex6500 to co-live with my IC-7700 for comparison purpose for a while. Thank you for your support in advance. de JA2IYJ/1 Ken Yamada

Answers

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Ken, You might want to check out this Community link. http://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/using_n1mm_logger_with_smartsdr_smartcat_flexcontrol_and_k1el_winkeyer Pull down the pdf .. The Community is growing everyday with new info on the new radios.
  • Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Ken, I use Logger 32 to drive my SteppIR and my Alphaspid rotor. Setup is simply a matter of following the help file which comes with Logger 32. It is very helpful. Occasionally, on turning the computer on, Logger 32 will appear to talk to Cat on the radio but you will see that the rotor button shows as "no rotor" which is a sign that the system needs to be completely rebooted in order to work. I am not using any digital modes thru an external D/A device, preferring to wait until SmartSDR allows for it. Hope this helps, Brian VK7RR/4
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Brian, Yes, I tried a simple connection and it connects, but it is not fully functional for slices A/B and Logger32's DXspot band graph - on band is OK, but the second and the third one to click does not be reflected to Flex. Too specific to Logger32, so I will e-mail you further.
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Dudley, Yes, I pre-study this repeatedly, but not yet clear...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.