Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any interest in 60M Flex Net for digital modes ?

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in New Ideas
Any interest in a Flex Users Digital Modes Net ? Perhaps weekly, on 60M? to "talk" (phone) and test Flex radios and software with digital modes? 60M allows digital operations on the same channel as a SSB phone "QSO".  So the people that check in can talk about use of digital modes with a Flex transceiver and also test out ideas immediately by switching to use of digital modes on the same frequency during the net.  Discussion could include various digital mode software and how they interface with PowerSDR and SmartSDR.  Andy K3UK 

Comments

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Hi Andrew,  There probably will be some interest but let me be the first to say that establishing a NET of any kind on the limited /channelized 60M band may not be a good idea at this time. 

Regards

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I understand the rules for 60M, but I'm not convinced that a net operation is outside the scope and limitations of the USA rules. There are many "round tables" on 60M where they keep things moving and allow sufficient pauses in between transmissions .
  • Ricky
    Ricky Member
    edited January 2015

Sounds like fun.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.