Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

any idea how i can control 2 steppirs

G4YDO
G4YDO Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR CAT
i've had a steppir db11 for a while and it works very well using smartsdr and ddutils. my problem now i've just bought  the steppir bigr, can anyone tell how i can connect both at the same time so they both follow my 6700?

paul.

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Easy if they are both following slice A
  • G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    how do you wire it? i tried a y cable but when my db11 tuned the bigr stopped at the same time before it was tuned?
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I would connect the SteppIR to the passive controller drop down box in DDUtil. Both antennas will track the TX slice.
  • G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    do i use 2 com ports 1 for each sxteppir? also where are the passive port menu? many thanks.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Use 2 different physical ports. One set as Steppir port in DDUTIL the second set as the passive listener port in DDUTIL. That way u will get band data simultaneously to both devices. Both ports are detailed on the DDUTIL web site.
  • AE0MW
    AE0MW Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    SteppIR has a system you can use to **** them together, having the 2nd controller talk to the first and follow it. That would allow you to do it with one COM port on your PC.

It's covered (somewhat vaguely) in the SDA100 manual.

• G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    thanks all for your help all sorted now.

paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.