Any update on Tim?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Hey all, I was curious how Tim was doing - anyone know?
Photo of Michael Coslo

Michael Coslo

• 947 Posts
  • 257 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Jim Jerzycke

Jim Jerzycke

• 93 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Tim our Customer Service guy?

Wow...hope it's nothing serious, and he gets well soon!

Jim  KQ6EA/0
Photo of Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX

Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX, Elmer

• 455 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
I'm sure Tim won't mind me throwing a little update here.

He's doing well and recovering from an elective surgery.   Enjoying the time off no doubt! :-)
(Edited)
Photo of Bill - N4APG

Bill - N4APG

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Good guy; solid employee.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery and return to the salt mines, buddy.
Photo of jerry stern

jerry stern

• 20 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Get well soon Tim !!!
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9154 Posts
  • 3507 Reply Likes
Official Response
Michael, thanks for asking.

Due to a fall late last year, I dislocated my right shoulder. It was not getting better so I had an MRI that revealed I had moderate tears in both rotator cuffs and a serious tear of the bicep tendon. On March 1 I underwent orthoscopic surgery to repair the damage and have been convalescing since then. I have been learning how to manage the post op pain and loss of mobility, but I am fortunate to have a wonderful XYL that is nursing me back to health.

I have to spend 6 weeks in a sling for it to heal and 12 weeks of PT to regain mobility and strength. For the next 4 weeks, I am religated to doing everything left handed, so while I’ll be back at work starting Monday, I’ll be limited in my public communications.
Photo of Dick B

Dick B

• 115 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Hang in there Tim, I just completed the 12 weeks of PT and 6 month checkup for exactly the same thing.  It's painful and a nuisance but follow the doctor's and PT's directions and you'll feel great again very soon.  
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1091 Posts
  • 227 Reply Likes
Wonder if some voice recognition typing software would help?  I have a feeling you might go crazy otherwise.
Photo of Richard McClelland, AA5S

Richard McClelland, AA5S

• 295 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
I'm also doing PT for a torn rotator cuff (a byproduct of my twelve year old son) but Tim wins the prize for greatest severity of a shoulder injury in my book. 
Photo of k0eoo

k0eoo

• 608 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Glad to hear you're on the mend Tim!!
Photo of Watts - K4QJZ

Watts - K4QJZ

• 75 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Our best to you Tim, please take time for Tim!
Maybe you can get time for a left handed PTT switch on the Sunday net so we can wish you a speedy recovery in person!
Photo of WA2SQQ

WA2SQQ

• 460 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
Get well! Look at this as an opportunity to work some DX!
Photo of Bob Hinkle

Bob Hinkle

• 38 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Been thru the same thing on both shoulders, Tim... it's a PITB for a few weeks, but you're probably already starting to notice the gradual improvement every morning. Keep up with the PT and take your meds AHEAD of the pain, not after it already hurts again.  Looking forward to seeing you at Dayton/Xenia again !    Cheers.. Bob KK8ZZ
Photo of Michael Coslo

Michael Coslo

• 947 Posts
  • 257 Reply Likes
Okay Tim - my better half had the same surgery except for the bicep tear. Glad to hear you are on the mend, and get well soon!
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4149 Posts
  • 1325 Reply Likes
Prayers for a speedy recovery, Tim!

In the mean time, you can practice using the FlexControl Knob with your left hand so you can do "double-fisted" contesting operations!  ha.

Ken - NM9P
Photo of Delbert McCord

Delbert McCord

• 115 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Glad to read you are on the mend! You have helped more people than you could ever know. Most of the time I find my answers reading your reply's to other peoples post.
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2289 Posts
  • 929 Reply Likes
Happy to see Tim post the 2.1.33 release, although with one hand I don’t envy him.
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 730 Posts
  • 247 Reply Likes
Yea they posted the release at 10:00 am. Look how long it took him to post the release... Joke
Photo of Dan -- KC4GO

Dan -- KC4GO

• 339 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
Tim did the buy you a speech to text package :)
Photo of Stephen Hawkins NG0G

Stephen Hawkins NG0G

• 89 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Glad to  hear from you.  I'm so happy to hear that they did this thru arthroscopic surgery. Mine was done in the early 90's.  No arthroscopic surgery.  I have a 4.5 inch scar.  Hope you are healing well. 
(Edited)
Photo of Ed W2MKM

Ed W2MKM

• 39 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
All the best Tim!