Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any update on resuming PGXL deliveries?

David Marotti
David Marotti Member ✭✭
It's been about 2 months since they stopped shipping, so I was just wondering,  I ordered mine in March, and I know there are many others who ordered before me. It would be helpful to have another update and a little more communication about this delay.  Thanks.

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I ordered mine in Dec 2017, and crossing my fingers I see it before the end of 2019.  Obviously it must still have some technical issues to be worked out.

While I like supporting FRS, I have a patience threshold I'm dealing with and a 2K-FA is starting to call my name.  Yes, a PG update and projected delivery date sure would be nice.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    As far as we last heard they are working through the PGXL returns for the filter update.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I ordered mine in May of 2017.  An update from Flex would be greatly appreciated.
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020

As of 8/14 they were awaiting arrival of the replacement 6M filters.

Howard

• Lucas - W6AER
    Lucas - W6AER Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I also have this on order, sounds like we are getting closer once the replacement parts arrive.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    That is the direction that I went and not been sorry.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    First sample filters arrived at FlexRadio today for stress testing.  If all goes well with that we will upgrade all existing units at customer locations and then restart new shipments.  Customers who already have the units are on the air every day.
    Gerald
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Gerald....  Thank you for the update.  Nice to see we are close to receiving the new amp.  Keep the information flowing.
    Richard - N4RWG
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thank you very much for the update Gerald.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thanks Gerald

73 Mike

• David Marotti
    David Marotti Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Thank you Gerald. Appreciate the update.
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Another question , hopefully the Genuius amp that put down my deposit 12 months ago, that also promised the “free” tuner as well for putting down my deposit before 2018. Just wondering, when the Genius amp finally ships, it appears that the included tuner that was to be shipped with my new amplifier will not be shipped until later....maybe long after the amp?! Will we have to pay the entire balance remaining on the amplifier IF the tuner is NOT shipped at the same time of the Amp? I feel that the balance for the amplifier should be paid before the amp is shipped, but if the tuner isn’t going to be ready at the same time as the amp as promised , then FlexRadio needs to reduce the invoice balance a reasonable amount (msrp of the Tuner alone) and then the maiming balance to be paid prior to the Tuner shipment. I ask only because it doesn’t seem equitable that I placed a deposit for the combination of the new Genius amplifier PLUS a new Tuner. Plus the fact that as a multiple FlexRadio owner, I and many others have been more than patient as many thousands of dollars have been banked by Flex. I just ask that Flex ensures financial equity in both ways! That was the deal that convinced me to give my deposit. So if I can’t get both products that were promised, what will FlexRadio do as far as the deposited customer if the Tuner doesn’t come along with the amp? Respectfully submitted, and anxiously waiting.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    LOL....  really :)
  • mikeatthebeach .
    edited November 2018
    18 months waiting Ordered June 2017 Maybe I should go with SPE instead My invoice paid in full since June 2018
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2018
    Time to look at other product . . . Might be another 18 months.
  • DrJ
    DrJ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    @K1UO. “LOL....really”. Why do you really LOL? Do you laugh at the ridiculous wait that FlexRadio is heaving upon its most loyal customers? Or do you laugh at the legitimate invoice and billing issue that also has serious FTC implications if and whenever the amp is shipped and the rest of the package deal is not shipped...(colloquially known as “bait and switch”...remember while I am certain this was not the intention of Flex, as I am a loyal fan and big customer having bought more than most I read on the forums, but it is an legit business/legal issue). So I merely ask, what is the LOL about. The forum is about helping and offering fellow Flex users. I feel this is a legit problem and question and so do others. Is there a single day that the “when will it ship” is not asked ?
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have been a Flex owner since the original 1000 came out.  Have owned the 1000,5000, 6300, 6500 and now the 6700.  I love the Flex products and can't see myself using anything else in the future.  That being said,  I believe Flex jumped the gun on selling this amp before it was ready.  I am a patient guy but its been 18 months since I ordered my amp and it is starting to get aggravating.  If I had known it was going to take this long I probably would have bought a different amp.  However,  I'd rather wait until the bugs get worked out than to get the amp and then have to send it back.  I just think they should have waited until the amp was father developed before taking orders.  When I ordered in May of 2017, they said the amp should be available by the 4 quarter.  Well, now it's the 4th quarter of 2018.  I am sure that amp will be awesome but you can't blame people for getting antsy after this long.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    edited November 2018
    Same here I have had a 6300, 6500, 6700
    And now 6600M
    Waiting 18 months for a PGXL and no Tuner
    Ever seen...No video’s even of a working
    Prototype Tuner Genius from FRS
    Feel I will be a SK (DEAD) before they deliver any
    Product at this point !
    73 Mike
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The last thing Gerald said is that they are on course for this month.
    And you guys that are growing impatiant? as you should be, you will be bragging soon of having the best amp in ham radio.
  • WQ2H - Jim Poulette
    edited November 2018
    If time is a function of quality - then so be it.
    I suspect it's not unlike the concept of 2 women having a baby in 4 1/2 months.
    Sounds great but......well.......
    Jim, WQ2H
  • Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Folks, let's just please give Flex and 4O3R whatever turns out to be a sufficient amount of development time they need to properly implement a quality product, both in terms of the PGXL amp, and its companion tuner. If it takes an additional 2 or 3, or even 5 years, to get it right, so be it. My personal bogie is all is good, as long as it gets delivered in the next 5 years, but hopefully a lot sooner. Would I rather have both products today? Of course! But, let's all take a deep breath, and please, give Flex time to get everything worked out. It does no one any good to get something half baked that has performance issues. 

Patience will turn out to be the better part of valor. Trust me, the product will come!

Larry
  • mikeatthebeach .
    edited November 2018
    Having paid in full $7K and waiting 18 months but To wait 5 years is ridiculous 73 Mike
  • Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018

I never said it will take 5 years. I merely said for "me," I personally am more than willing to wait for whatever timeframe is necessary. I really doubt it will take 5 years, I'm just sharing with you my personal viewpoint on this.

JM2C, IMHO, and YMMV

Larry
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I've never understood why anyone would need 1500 watts to carry on a QSO. I've worked the world with a small vertical and no more than 300 watts.If you really need 1500 watts for each QSO then you have a very poor antenna system.

Also, keep in mind that the FCC requires an operator to use the minimum power necessary to carry out the QSO.

§97.313 Transmitter power standards.
    (a) An amateur station must use the minimum transmitter power necessary
    to carry out the desired communications.

Have a Flexcellent day!

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I"f you really need 1500 watts for each QSO then you have a very poor antenna system."

or your QTH is in the middle of the auroral doughnut :-)

Tim VE6SH
  • Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Or, sunspots!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2018
    Must have been on a rowboat from China. That was 3 months ago. It's getting a little ridiculous.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Who needs sunspots? This year I did WAS on 10, 12 and 160 meters. I also added over 160 band points to my total. As a bonus I also got 5 band WAZ

Let's hear it for the solar minimum!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

I have a superb antenna system (SteppIR MONSTIR @85' near the top of a mountain) and there have been many times, especially on FT8 when trying to work the really weak ones who have **** radios and antennas, that I have needed 1500 W so they can actually copy me at -24dB on their radios.
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The difference in propagation north of 50  from that in W6 is like night and day!

Tim VE6SH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.