Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any plans of adding voice memories on Smartsdr and Smartsdr iOS?

WV9L
WV9L Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Any plans of adding voice memories on Smartsdr and Smartsdr iOS? Would be nice for contesting from pc or in pileups when using the app. Have some saved revordings, much like cw macros in cwx. Just an idea for future development.

Answers

• Al Reeves
    Al Reeves Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I'm a new user to SDR radio and was disappointed to find out the feature was not available.  My previous radio was the FTdx-5000 with the voice memory feature.   I hope this happens soon.  It's a valuable contest tool as well as helpful chasing DX.  PLEASE!

Al
    W1JHU
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    http://k9dur.info/voice_keyer.html  

I know this isn't part of SmartSDR but it works very well with SmartSDR, Rays other programs fill several niches for SmartSDR.

Bret
    WX7Y

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    As far as contesting, you can use DAX and your contest logger to record messages and use them. instructions how to do this are posted in the N1MM setup documents on the FRS website, and can be adapted for use with other applications as well. All though I do agree this would be a useful feature, particularly for the iOS version and for general portable use, but  since the flex is not necessarily a "portable field" platform you can currently use your computer as a dvk.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Voice keyers are available as a stand-alone from K9DUR and others.
    They are also incorporated into many different contest and logging programs.  N1MM+ for example.  

Just recently N3FJP incorporated the ability to use DAX audio channels in his ACLog and other contesting programs.  It works nicely.  (He also has incorporated TCP access for the 6000 series, allowing the program to record the frequency of whichever slice is "active"  This means that I can now have all 4 slices open on my 6500 and it will log which ever slice on I make a contact.)

• Al Reeves
    Al Reeves Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I don't use N1MM logger so not an option for me.

Al
    W1JHU
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Yes, we have a feature request for adding voice memories to SmartSDR.  At this time we have not scheduled this feature for a future release of SmartSDR.  As it has been pointed out, there are several alternatives for adding a voice keyer to SmartSDR using third-party applications.
  • Renner PY7RP
    Renner PY7RP Member
    edited October 2019
    I am also disappointed with no voice memory capabilites on SSDR up to now... 2019.
    Almost all other similar price ranged radio have this feature natively.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Look at 3rd Party software that does this well. FRStack, Flexlogger, VoiceKeyer and N1MM just to name a few. My QRZ page has the links
    https://www.qrz.com/db/ve3cko/#FlexRadio3rdPartySoftware

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Using the Flex does require some adjustment, since it's not you fathers radio. Allowing software developers access to the radio gives us choices and customization that the legacy radios cannot offer. I really appreciate the Flexibility. Previously, we hams homebrewed hardware. Now we homebrew software. 
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Great page Mike!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.