Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

any issues with usb on 6400

KI4P
KI4P Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
ok, just got my sainsmart usb relay in and want to use it to control my RCS. got it set up and it seemed to work ok, have set for frequency, worked fine, but after a little bit something happened, not sure what i done, but the relay for the band i was on went off, and about 3 of the relays started pulsing of sorts, about every 10 or so seconds, and usb window was grey hatched out and wouldnt change antennas, i think all i done was reset power on relay board and it started working again, not sure what i did to make it go crazy, any body else heard of or had this type thing happen
Thanks

Answers

• Keith Flint
    Keith Flint Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    This happens when you are tuning beyond the legal band y Frequency on that band. We’re you out of the band for your license type?
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    No! Not sure what I doing, I think I was switching between bands to make sure relays would follow,. I guess I'll try and see if I can recreate the incident, just didn't want to brick anything,
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    ok! got it to do again, your right, it did go crazy if i went beyond the freq band limits i set, most times just a power reset did it, you could watch the hatched out usb window and it would clear in about 15 seconds, but then sometimes when you reapplied power it done the pulsing thing again, even when you were in the band limits, not sure i understand what little i know about the usb stuff, on right now and no drops, just switched bands and done ok, then switched again and it started pulsing, and in band limits, confused!

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    do you have it connected to a Powered USB Hub?
    if not you may be over loading the 5V on the Radio's USB PORT that the Radio can provide 
    just a thought
    73's
    Bret 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.