Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any hardware changes/improvements to the 6400 since original release?

Options
Ken - VE5KC
Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
I was looking at buying another 6400. Considering the original 6400 is two years old, I was wonder if there have been hardware changes or improvements to the 6400 since original release? Giving another reason why a new one would be better than buying used.

Anyone comparing the insides of an older model vs a newer one noticed any differences?

73..  Ken - VE5KC

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Ken, as far as I know there have been no changes to the hardware.

VA3WTB
  • Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Depending on what you are planning on using it for you may have to look at other commercial radios as there are some known issues with Flex that wont be changed.  Yes I am currently irritated at an ALE issue which apparently has been known about for a few years with little concern for changes.
    As far as hardware changes I know of none so far.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    What is an ALE issue?
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Glen as Tim explained to you in an earlier post this is not a Flex Issue: Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager 9449 Posts 3651 Reply Likes Glenn, this issue has been identified for a long time. The problem is that most digital mode programs issue a mode command after changing the frequency. PCALE does not. Their developers were informed of this 3 years ago and have yet to change their software. Everyone I have helped with this issue, I have asked them to contact the developers to make this change in the software. Until they do, this issue will exist.
  • Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    PC ALE keeps coming up.  I am NOT using PC ALE.  Both Flex and the MARS ALE Software developer both argue its not their side that the issue arises from.  I got it.  Point taken.  If someone wants to be able to do ALE in or out of Amateur Bands DONT use a Flex.  I will no longer post about this. Other than to answer question below then im Done..
  • Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The issue is using MARS ALE scanning on any frequency near the Amateur Bands the Flex software takes over, meaning even MMI commands telling the radio to switch to USB, and makes the radio scan in LSB which makes using those frequencies totally useless when utilizing the third party software and flex.  Both Flex and the MARS ALE developer both argue its not their software, but I digress...   And that about sums it up..  I so far love the Flex for everything else, for ALE its useless.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.