Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Antenna persistence

Options
Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I notice sometimes when I close down SSDR and restart it (usually the next day) the antenna selection is not the same as when it closed.

Lately I have had one panadapter on 6M using ANT1 for RX and TX and one of the RX loops for a BP filter.  The second panadapter was on 20M on ANT2.  

My shutdown process has been to close both slices before shutting down SSDR as this seems to allow the radio to shut down normally most times.

Sometime when I restart both panadapters are where they should be.  I open a slice on the 20M display and the RX antenna is set to ANT2 as I left it but TX is set to ANT1....not as I left it.  Not good for surprises when I go to transmit.

Greg

Comments

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The erratic antenna selection on the 6700 is killing me.  It never comes back as I think it will when using two panadapters and both SCUs.  It seems that if there are no slices active on either panadapter the first one I open always reverts to TX ANT1 even if it was on ANT2 and the RX ANT is ANT2.  This happens on either panadapter.  It should come back to the last settings used right?

This is not good when I go to key up and on 6M I end up transmitting through the 20M yagi, or the other way around.

Greg

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Another hint at the problem...

If Slice A is  on 6M set for ANT1 for RX and TX, and slice B is on ANT2 for RX and TX, When I change the TX flag from one to the other the Slice with the TX flag is changing the TX antenna selection to ANT1.......not good!

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Another fly in the ointment....

Anytime these spontaneous changes happen it resets the preamp to zero.  So when it happens on 6M I always have to back and reset the preamp to +20dB.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    We have a fix in the next version of SmartSDR for TX antenna persistence.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Tnx Tim. Really looking forward to that.
  • Richard Adkins
    Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    As I read all of these old threads, I am curious if the problems did indeed get solved?

Thanks,
    Richard K5RHA
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Persistence has received many updates and moditication in the past 2 years.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.