Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Antenna mapping per band persistence in 1.3 ?

Tom
Tom Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I upgraded to 1.3 and now when I change frequency/band through HRD logbook cluster (via Minideluxe or HRD) antenna input is not following. In my case I route high bands to ANT1 and low bands to ANT2.

When I click on the spot frequency/band is changing properly on the rig but antenna input remains in the wrong position.

When I change bands via GUI everything is working OK, each band is mapped to correct antenna input.

Profiles are probably not causing this problem as I still havent touched them yet.

Am I missing something?

Many thanks in advance,

Tom, 9A6TKS

Answers

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Tom,

Check this thread...

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/v1_3_ddutil_doesnt_seem_to_be_getting_band_data_on_...

Seems a change was made in the API and it has been deemed a DDUtil problem.

Jon...kf2e

• Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Jon,

many thanks for the hint. I went through this thread but it left me impression that problem is on DDUtil side as you concluded.

But Im not using DDUtil at all. Im using Minideluxe or HRD "****"deluxe and experience problem in both cases.

Flex, are you sure that problem is on third-party software as it seems we now have three applications (DDUtil, Minideluxe, HRD) consistently having same problem since changes in API were introduced in 1.3?

Many thanks in advance,

Tom, 9A6TKS
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Tom,

You should try running SmartCAT V1.2 with SmartSDR 1.3 and see if it solves the problem. It does with DDUtil. If it does with your setup I suspect it is the same gremlin...erh, upgrade.

Jon...kf2e 

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tom,
    Several of us have found that launching the previous version of SmartCAT  (V1.2) while still using SmartSDR is a workaround for the band data problem.   You might want to give that a try.   

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
  • Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Jon, Al

many thanks for the possible solution. I will try to uninstall CAT 1.3 and fallback to CAT 1.2 then I will come back to you later with the result.

Tom, 9A6TKS
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Tom,

Unless you specifically removed it CAT 1.2 should still be still on your computer.

Jon...kf2e
  • Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    CAT 1.2 is still on my computer but if I run CAT 1.2 cannot connect to my radio after upgrade to 1.3 (after start CAT main screen is not populated at all)

I dont see possibility how to uninstall CAT 1.3 alone, its not offered in Control panel/Programs, just SmartSDR suite 1.3.

I think I dont have idea how to run CAT 1.2 in combination with SmartSDR 1.3 and radio firmware after upgrade to 1.3.

Thanks for the tip,

Tom, 9A6TKS
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Tom,
    Here is the process I used to switch to SmartCAT V1.2 and back.  You don't need to uninstall V1.3 to use V1.2. 

- have available on the desktop links to both versions of SmartCAT 
    - stop SmartSDR
    - stop SmartCAT V1.3
    - Stop any other related programs (in my case DDUtil)
    - turn off the radio

- turn on the radio
    - start SmartCAT V1.2 (from a link on the desktop)
    - start the other related programs
    - start SmartSDR and connect to the radio
    - now look at SmartCAT and verify the version is what you expected (V 1.2)

Same basic process to switch back to SmartCAT V1.3.  I've been switching back and forth quite a bit to test.   I hope this helps and will be interested in your results. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Dear Jon, dear Al,

thanks for your assistance. For some reason I couldnt make CAT 1.2 running properly after upgrade to CAT 1.3.

However, I migrated from Minideluxe to DDUtil 3 that, after .17 and .18 fixes solved all my problems.

SmartSDR 1.3 now works very well with my HRD Logbook in all aspects.

In addition I hope this setup is also ready to accept integration of Flex 6700 with Expert 2K I intent to conect one of these days.

Thanks again,

Tom, 9A6TKS 

• Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I am using DXLab Commander through SmartCAT and with version SmartSDR version 1.3 I have also noticed that the antenna band persistence does not work when bands are changed though SmartCAT.  (Using the band selections on the SmartSDR panel, the antenna persistence per band seems to work correctly.)

Specifically, I have the antennas set to RX A on 2 meters and ANT1 on the HF bands.  If I use the DXLab SpotCollector through Commander, when I change from 2 meters to any of the HF bands, RX A is still selected.

Also, my display waterfall rates and RF gains do not have band persistence when SmartCAT controls the band changes.

Should this topic be changed to "problem"?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Tom

I have a 2K-FA integrated with my 6700 via DDUTIL Works OK albeit Steve has not been able to integrate all the functions like the 1K since SPE has not released. The API image

I am using a passive PORT5 to send band data but the 2K will find the correct band by itself I use the 2K Term program to control the Amo when I am remoting.
  • Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Dear Howard, thank you. I will look into it very soon. First I need to gather Flex and Expert on the same location, then to figure out wiring before I start to look into DDUtil. When I start this little "project" I will contact you for some help if needed. I thank you in advance for some tips, Tom, 9A6TKS
  • Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Dear Bob, According to my understanding it is very difficult to point finger on the right component in the chain to blame due to protocols and standards that are not fully defined or disclosed. I have no experience with DXlab but I think you can try to employ middleware like DDUtil and try to rectify problem. In my case it was HRD that started to loose some functionality with Minideluxe after deployment of CAT 1.3. I switched to DDUtil 3 and managed to restore correct ANT switching with help of BCD and macros. Please see my correspondence with Steve Nance on DDUtil yahoo forum on this topic. It could give you some inspiration so you can try to fix issue you have with DXlab @ CAT 1.3 Tom, 9A6TKS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.