Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Antenna Genius is awesome

W2PP
W2PP Member ✭✭
So, I got my antenna genius about a month ago.  Today mounted in its NEMA enclosure, its now on top of my tower where all the coax comes together.  Awesome performance!!  My tower is 365 ft away so CAT 6 was used to feed it.  The AG only pulls a few hundred miliamperes which made wiring that in a trivial task.  Software setup, well, never read the instructions and all is working !!  Tell the AG your radio serial number and it finds it on my LAN just great!! 

What I love is that their are no longer any USB hiccoughs, which is what I had with my prior system ...shortly to go on sale on Eham.  

Well done guys, this is bullet proof ....rock solid no matter how fast I zip around the bands.  

Hey I give you grief when you need it and high praise when you deserve it and you do!

Peter

Comments

• Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    My antenna Genius 8x1 has very poor isolation between some of the ports(40 db on 3 of them).  Two weeks ago left a voice mail for VibroPlex and sent an email to 4O3A support, but have not been contacted.  Heard signals on empty ports so used a signal generator to check the isolation numbers.  Highest was 70 dB, 3 were about 40 dB).

As a check just connect one antenna on band with strong signals and listen on the other 7 ports.

Going back to my DX Engineering antenna switch unless VibroPlex or 4O3A support can contact me and tell me why thesei isolation numbers are so low.
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Charles
    I noticed the same thing with my Antenna Genius switch.    I have the DXengineering switch as well, and I dont get strong signals coming through when it is off as I do with the genius.  I bought mine from Force12.
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I have the 8X2.  I just tried the test you suggest above.  I find that even with super strong signals
    and with the wrong antenna port chosen, that is no antenna, nothing is coming through.

Maybe they changed the design????  I believe you guys absolutely.

Peter

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    BTW I used a strong local AM station to test with.....
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I have the new Version 2  8X2 switch and I hear absolutely nothing between ports as W2PP indicates.       Sorry...  I see where you mentioned the 8X1...  no experience with that one.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I have the new Version 2  8X2 switch and I hear absolutely nothing between ports as W2PP indicates.       Sorry...  I see where you mentioned the 8X1...  no experience with that one.
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Oh, forgot to say, its the 8x1
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Larry,

I was suspicious that the 8x2 would be better engineered than the 8X1 since it is designed as an SO2R switch and would really need a lot of isolation.  I was also suspicious when I saw there are no specifications given on the advertisements for the 8X1, the specifications are only shown on the 8X2 advertisement page. 

I am still waiting for 4O3A support to email me, or for VibroPlex to return my call concerning this poor isolation in my 8X1 unit.  If the 8X1 does not have the same specifications as the 8X2, it should have been made clear in the advertising. 

I see that VK4ACN has the same problem with his 8X1 Antenna Genius.  If there are any readers of this post that have the 8X1 Antenna Genius I would appreciate hearing from them concerning the port to port isolation that are experiencing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.