Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Answer: Sourcing a battery for Maestro in Canada - done!

Steve B.
Steve B. Member ✭✭
edited September 2017 in New Ideas
The batteries suggested on the FlexRadio FAQ page, and illustrated in the manual are not available in Canada.  Amazon US and most US distributors will not ship Lithium Lion Batteries across the boarder. 

After some research and a few tries .. I found a 12,000mAH battery that works and fits great in my Maestro and is available from Amazon Canada.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00OZ7MYRQ/ref=cfb_at_prodpg

Power Bank, Lightning Power Bank®, Portable 12000mAh Dual USB External portable battery charger with LED display, Ultra Slim Aluminum body - sold by Amazon Canada, distributed by Lightning Power Bank.  support@lightingPowerBank.com .. note I am not affiliated with the company at all -- I am just thrilled to have found something that works!!

Best,

Steve
VE7ORA

Comments

• PE3DON
    PE3DON Member
    edited June 2017
    i have ordered
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-Xiaomi-Power-Bank-20000mAh-Portable-Charger-Aluminium-Al...
    will write a report as soon as I received the unit
    73, de PE3DON

• Bill  /  VA3QB
    Bill / VA3QB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks Steve Was going to ask someone at local harvest Saturday. Bill VA3QB
  • Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I buy 2 battery from Mogix whit free shipping USA. I have open Account whit Shipito. Total amount 97$ Canadian for 2 very good product.
  • Kevin Va3KGS
    Kevin Va3KGS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017

Steve

Thanks for this update.  This maybe our Canadian solution !!

and Don, I will be looking forward to your report.

Regards

Kevin, Va3KGS

• Kevin Hartley
    Kevin Hartley Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I bought a couple of these, they were $23.99ea + free shipping. Works well in my Maestro.
    http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00XTXY0JW
    Kevin VE7OVY
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Do you have to turn it on manually or does it turn on automaticity when you turn the Maestro on?

Jim

ka7gzr 

• Kevin Hartley
    Kevin Hartley Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    The battery automatically senses the load when i turn on the Maestro, and the usb pack turns itself on. I've never had to turn the pack on manually.  

It may not be as high mA/hr rating as some of the other ones mentioned here, but at 2.4A output, auto-on, lots of 5* reviews and since it was available in Canada, very cheap (nearly 1/2 the price of the other ones mentioned here) and no shipping hassles, it was my choice. So far so good.   
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Very good. I like it because of the LCD display. There is a version available on the US Amazon I may try one.

Jim

ka7gzr

• Kevin Hartley
    Kevin Hartley Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    The one I bought/gave the link for don't have a display; which is likely why its a lot cheaper than the first one mentioned in this thread. If its tucked away inside the Maestro, you'll never see the display anyway! :-)
    73, Kevin VE7OVY
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Thanks Kevin.

I see now the one you ordered.

I have the Polanfo Q5 Power Bank (among others). They have a LED display on the end of the battery. It shows % of battery remaining and is on when the Maestro draws current. I can see the display thru the slats of the back battery cover without removing the cover.

Thanks,

Jim

ka7gzr

• Kevin Va3KGS
    Kevin Va3KGS Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016

Morning Don

Can you give us an update on your findings with this battery.

Tnx

Kevin, Va3KGS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.