Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Another software (?) oddity - 6600M rebooted, but SSDR kept running

David Salomon
David Salomon Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Not sure if this should be a question or a problem.  I was just operating my 6600M via SSDR, when the front panel of the radio went through a cycle exactly like when it boots.  However, the SSDR software, DAXX and SmartCAT kept operating fine - not even a hiccup.  When the radio was finished with its "boot" process, the front panel returned to the usual screen displayed when another user is connected.

Answers

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    David, CAT & DAX are clients to the radio and not SSDR. In other words CAT,DAX and SSDR are connected to the radio as separate apps.
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I understand.  My point was that the front panel of the radio itself showed a normal re-boot process.  If it was actually re-booting I would have expected SSDR to stop receiving at some point during that process, then re-start.  That didn't happen.  SSDR was receiving continuously throughout what looked like a re-boot on the radio.

Is that clearer?  Does my logic make sense?
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    And, BTW, at the time it showed the re-boot process, I wasn't touching either the radio or the SSDR software.  In fact, during part of the re-boot process, I was receiving digital traffic which decoded properly, not even a hiccup.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.