Another software (?) oddity - 6600M rebooted, but SSDR kept running

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
Not sure if this should be a question or a problem.  I was just operating my 6600M via SSDR, when the front panel of the radio went through a cycle exactly like when it boots.  However, the SSDR software, DAXX and SmartCAT kept operating fine - not even a hiccup.  When the radio was finished with its "boot" process, the front panel returned to the usual screen displayed when another user is connected.
Photo of David Salomon

David Salomon

• 108 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Bob G   W1GLV

Bob G W1GLV

• 670 Posts
  • 112 Reply Likes
David, CAT & DAX are clients to the radio and not SSDR. In other words CAT,DAX and SSDR are connected to the radio as separate apps.
Photo of David Salomon

David Salomon

• 108 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
I understand.  My point was that the front panel of the radio itself showed a normal re-boot process.  If it was actually re-booting I would have expected SSDR to stop receiving at some point during that process, then re-start.  That didn't happen.  SSDR was receiving continuously throughout what looked like a re-boot on the radio.

Is that clearer?  Does my logic make sense?
Photo of David Salomon

David Salomon

• 108 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
And, BTW, at the time it showed the re-boot process, I wasn't touching either the radio or the SSDR software.  In fact, during part of the re-boot process, I was receiving digital traffic which decoded properly, not even a hiccup.