Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Another one month to brew expectation for v1.4

Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
According to the today's Insider, we can enjoy another one month to dream new features and bug fixes of v1.4.
I hope we would not have another Insider telling the delay in January.

73 de JI1BNU

Comments

• James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited December 2014
    I am refactoring my expectations.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I can only imagine that Flex knows I have a trip coming up in January. Guys, where am I going? :-)
  • KM6CQ - Dan
    KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am fine with January. I knew the 6500 was not a turn key radio when I purchased it. I received mine last December and Flex has done a great job getting it to where it is now. I have really enjoyed owning the 6500 this last year. I have no regrets. I think a lot of us always like to have something beta, sometimes its frustrating, the flip side is that it is so much fun. Once SSDR is mature we wont have the Christmas morning experience as frequently. Remember last year when Flex gave us DAX for Christmas, oh man. If that does not get you hot and sweaty I don't know what will. Flex listens to our feedback. They converse with us here. Speaking with them on the phone is a good experience.
    Overall I am satisfied with Flex, the 6500 and the 3000 

Happy Holidays to Flex and the Flexers. 

73,   Dan  KM6CQ
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Florida! 

Hi ...LOL... 
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
          The trick in today's world is to bring a product to maturity before it becomes obsolete.

Ned,  K1NJ
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    6 weeks by my calendar
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Who knows ??? Possible with the additional time They  can get the Noise blanker Working !!!

• Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    More time for everyone to moan and groan.... ;-)
    Make it the 27th Jan My Birthday!
    Happy Holidays to all....

73 Steve
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The current noise blanker does work but not as well as we would like.  As announced in the prior Flex Insider, the theme of v1.5 will be noise and interference mitigation.  We don't plan to go for just parity with other radios but to raise bar in this area just as we did with the Panafall.   We have several "science projects" on tap with a few PhDs contributing to the effort.  No promises yet as to what that will look like but it will be the main focus of v1.5.
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited December 2014
    Tongue-in-cheek, when PhDs are involved double or triple the time estimates.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Maybe you should give a target date of June 2015 . . . Then when it arrives early it will be a surprise instead of another disapointment
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Yes it does not work as well as it should. (Compared to most radios ) And I was hoping that 1.4. Or previous. 1. V. Would have addressed this. Making it. On parity. So 1.5.
  • James Whiteway
    edited December 2014
    Cannot speak to the NB problem, (I'm blessed with a very quite location) but, for Noise Reduction and Auto Notch Filter, I have found that adjusting the AGC-T slider according to instructions from Gerald in a post on this forum, worked very well. There is little to no distortion in the received audio and both controls work fine then. But, if I up the AGC-T too much, then the distortion shows up. Maybe, this might work with the Noise Blanker as well.
    james
    WD5GWY

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    ...but it may make the ones they have work harder knowing that Flex users are straining at the leash, hi hi
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Can the Flex Signature really become obsolete with so much more that the software can add?
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Stay the course, Gerald - and thanks for the background info on what is happening. You and your staff have a great holiday season.

Walt

• Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    They are already working hard.  Don't want them to burn out.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Tongue planted firmly in cheek Gerald.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all the FRS team.
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Ok. On the nr. Control. Change. The name to ad. That stands for add distortion. And this is what it does. Period. It should have been addressed as soon as this was discovered. This is what those numbers in between the release numbers are for . The original comment was not negative but just hoping that NB. NR also was addressed. And the political answer of 1.5. Would mean so much more if somewhere in-between this release they had actually corrected it
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    Wish it were that simple.  The current NB works at the 24 KHz baseband bandwidth.  Wide band noise blanking needs to go into the FPGA and is non trivial.  If we get something good enough to release sooner than v1.5 as a point release, we will.  
  • Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Austin, Texas!
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    I believe these delays are costing sales
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I really doubt that very much. FRS could not be any more honest or hard working. That is what got me hooked before I bought in as well as the glowing reports of those hams whose opinions I had come to value and respect. I strongly suspect that other potential customers would come to the same conclusion and jump on board.
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    I can only say my son was going to buy a 6500 like mine for Christmas but seeing the delay has changed his mind and gone for a new icom.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    I will wait till 2.0 comes out to buy another one. Really enjoying the K3  / P3 combo
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Steven,

We all appreciate that a rig is a specific item appealing to everyone's specific taste but the idea of hanging around one manufacturer's support forum, baiting people to engage in flame wars while you do not even own one of their products just doesn't seem right. The K3 is a great rig from a great company, I just prefer the Flex people and their rigs. I have owned Elecraft equipment but do not think its fair to sit in their forums making noise. Please focus your wisdom on their equipment and forums as you have their equipment.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Since Gerald has addressed in detail the issues raised on this particular post regarding the release of SmartSDR v1.4, it might be prudent to close it at this time.  Thank you to everyone who provided constructive comments and feed back.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.