Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

another day at the office -this is so cool

ctate243
ctate243 Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Im sorry, even though I am a incurable contester at heart, I just must say this, this is(SSDR iOS) just a fantastic product as combined with the flex 6000 series Smart Link.  Here just listening to (and watching!) the cwt while testing high performance computers so I can afford my flex toys ;-).  Great job Marcus and Flex team!

Comments

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I have had my Maestro hooked up to the office WiFi since 7:30am EST this morning.  It has sent almost 5 million packets and the dropped percent is 0.02%.  My latency jumps from around 60-85 ms.  Occasionally it jumps over 100 ms but usually doesn't stay there long.   In watching the Network Status at least 75% of the time it is reporting Excellent or Very Good.  I am the IT person at my company so I think it is time to purchase a better router for the conference room! :)  Solid connection all day.  Worked a station earlier in the day just to make sure it was transmitting. 
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020

It has added a new dimension to "field daying."  Now, instead of fighting mosquitos and blazing sun, I can enjoy field day in my favorite bar!

Jim, K6QE

• David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Ok,  Now I want a Maestro!
  • Jeff - K5JEF
    Jeff - K5JEF Member
    edited July 2017
    Makes me wish I could still drink.  :)
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited July 2017
    Router for the conference room??
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited July 2017
    I've been enjoying not having to connect home via OpenVPN, love the new docking feature as well. This weekend at our campground I'm going to have a blast playing with this on my laptop and iPad Pro 12.9.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes.  My office has a wifi network for guests and vendors who use our conference room here at the office.  My office is right next to the conference room where the internet router is and I was using it yesterday to test out the Maestro.  
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The only thing I miss is not being able to use the digital modes since no DAX.  I will keep my VPN computer (raspberry pi) running so I can still do digital modes when I want to remotely.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited July 2017
    My confusion was the router part, wouldn't you be using an AP, "router" gets used for devices which really aren't routers and can confuse the lay person.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    The router/wifi device in our conference room is a combo unit for FIOS.  It's the router and also supplies the WIFI access point.  
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited July 2017

What kind of speed are they giving you?

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I get 85 download and 85 upload on my home FIOS.  I misspoke on the conference room setup.  It is using Spectrum Internet with 15 download and 1 upload.  I don't care about upload in the office but it's nice having the 85 up at home where the Flex is located.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited July 2017
    85/85 is sweet, Comcast **** my billing up for 6 months so I have 300/25 from them for a year for the cost of 75/15.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Set the radio up in a field with a hotspot, operate from the bar.  Yeah, I can easily visualize that setup.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited July 2017
    I do that at the campground all the time, now being able to do it sans VPN, sweet! :)
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I usually am so wrapped up in the contest features I have not really stopped to enjoy just regular hamming for a while.. this sort of enables me to do that with my busy live..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.