Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ankuoo NEO WiFi power switch

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Has anyone used the Ankuoo NEO WiFi power switch? It is less than half the price of the Belkin WeMo brand (about $22). I am thinking of getting two or three to control my station while in remote mode.

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I started using the ihome series and tossed all my wemo's as they were getting weird. I know that doesn't answer your question but I thought I would mention it .
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I use this in my home on my radio equipment and at my astrophotography observatory for remote management of my telescope and computer equipment.   It has a full blown web interface, can be scripted against via a shell, can auto-ping and reboot if something stops responding, dump to syslog, and many other features.   If you add up the per-plug price you are paying there and compare it to the features in this product,  I feel it has way more value and has been reliable for me for many, many years.

http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Nice unit. Any RF interference generation?
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Not that I've noticed...
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ken, for what it's worth, I've got one and it works great. No problems. I've turned my equipment on from Nebraska with absolutely no problems. I live in Florida.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Has anyone taken a pi, had it ping the cable modem and on consistent ping failure, power cycle the gpio port that will then be wired to the modem? This is the only single failure issue / recovery I have with my cable modem. Mike
  • Miguel  KC7IGT
    Miguel KC7IGT Member
    edited December 2015
    I made my own switch, I can switch 8 outlets. http://youtu.be/H-f7T5dJqLo Miguel KC7IGT image
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    It seems there is a lotta choice nowadays, I mostly have INSTEON controlled outlets and switches,
    you do need an inexpensive Hub to get internet control access.

I found this site which lists the WeMo alternatives
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-smart-plugs-arent-belkin-wemo/

enjoy
    - Wim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.