Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

An experience of a Help Desk Remote Temviewer DAX fix by FRS

Steve K9ZW
Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I've written up my extremely positive experience of getting DAX naming corruption issues fixed by FRS's Tim today.  

My writeup:

https://k9zw.wordpress.com/2019/06/03/an-experience-of-flexradios-remote-access-helping-a-corrupted-dax-issue/

Quick summary for those who don't like to read linked material - the PC I use of Washington Island had a bad case of the "DAX-Blues" beyond my ability to fix.  

I opened up a Help Desk Ticket which Tim did the fix using Teamviewer to gain access to the troubled PC.

The DAX troubles were at the point where I was at risk of making things MUCH worse, but they were just another case of the "DAX-Blues" for Tim.

All fixed and this PC can ship back out the island on my next trip.

A lot more detail at the write up on my blog.

Thank you again Tim & FlexRadio for an above & beyond remote service call!

Steve
K9ZW

Comments

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, without a doubt, Tim is outstanding.  So is Flex's entire staff (executive management excluded of course).
  • Tony Taddeo
    Tony Taddeo Member
    edited March 2020
    Hi Russ

I’m surprised by your comments excluding the executive staff at Flexradio. My personal experience is that I am incredibly grateful to the Gerald Youngblood and all the team for taking the financial and engineering risks to bring new and cutting edge, high-performance products to the amateur radio market that I have enjoyed for over ten years. My six-year-old signature series 6700 is still state-of-art and brings a smile to me every time I use it. What fantastic value this product has delivered to me. Further, the after sales service I have received (including dealing with Tim) is nothing less than explementary, due to the culture set from the top. Thank you Gerald and team!

Tony
    VK5TT
  • Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hi Tony.  I agree with your positive opinion of Flex's staff and products.  However I think an honest assessment of things shows they're positive in spite of the culture set from the top, not because of it.  I didn't mean to make a point of that, I was just being clear.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Who do you think put together and empowered the FRS staff? Who do you suppose Russ? Have you met, spent time with those you’re criticizing? Your crass comment is 180 degrees out of line with my personal experience. The exceptionalism starts from the top at FRS and is part of their team corporate culture. Despite how I’ve enjoyed the radios, I’ve enjoyed more the FRS people. Top to bottom, they are people that get it done, one can respect and are accessible. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Well, here we go don't we Steve?  Your experience is valid and mine isn't.  Right?  You don't know what it is,  you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about, you don't know what I and other's have gone through dealing with Flex's executive management, your experience encompasses every POSSIBLE aspect of Flex and it's management and your opinion is the total, absolute, God-like irrefutable truth.  And you are so AMAZINGLY omnipotent that you actually KNOW that nobody could possibly have had experiences that are inconsistent with yours.  It's very simple isn't it Steve?  Since I don't agree with YOU, I'm an idiot and that's that.  The world is simple again.  Sorry, it isn't.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Russ there is no perfect as you point out.

I think you have described yourself very well.  Perhaps if you get to know me you'll have a clue on how to play well in polite company.

Your jabs at unspecified parts of FRS were emotional, off topic and bluntly a childish aside.  

Now that your childish side is ruffled you have an bad opinion about me you feel worth venting in the community?  

Guess what Russ, in the end our opinions don't matter to each other, and we all know that without the leadership at FRS there would be no team or radios.  

Steve
    K9ZW
  • Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    It's funny Steve.  Shortly after I got my 6600 a few months back, I got attacked on this forum by another hypocrite almost exactly like you.  Except that time it was for DEFENDING Flex and it's radios.  Your posts are similar to theirs except with the exact opposite opinion.  The two of you in a room would probably start a war.  They were incensed that I would say something positive when EVERYBODY knows "the truth" like they do. Like you do.  It seems it doesn't matter WHAT you say, you're going to set off certain types on the internet.  Childish?  Are you kidding?  The more you write, the more you make a fool of yourself Steve.  Go read your posts.   And notice which "child" took it upon themselves to go on the attack in the first place here Steve?  What are you so afraid of?
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Steve,

My 6700 (SSDR 2.4.9) was having similar DAX problems, so I also put in a "ticket". Within a fairly short amount of time, Tim responded and connected to my system using TeamViewer. The result is the complete repair of my software setup and no more DAX errors.

FlexRadio Systems does excellent support all the way. :)

Side note: Maybe today or tomorrow, I will have a chance to get on the air and actually test/use it. ;)
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    It is too bad Russ has had a disagreement with Gerald over something we will not likely know why, and that 's to bad.
    The reason Flex radio is a great business sucsess story is because of leadership. With out it Flex radio could not possibly have been as sucsessful. to say otherwise is simply silly.

In every company there are some people that will have trouble with leadership, customers upset about someone in charge, it is invitable. For this very reason I don't mind Russ comment, he is sharing an opinion only.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Stop trolling me Russ.

You are out of line and I stand by my original praise.

As for your add on "qualifiers" you are failing to recognize that for each person YMMV.

I had an outstanding service experience with FRS yesterday.  That is the plain simple fact of the matter.

Other than sharing it with the community I don't even see how whatever beef is bugging you even figures into that experience.

Time to go play radios rather than squabble online,

Steve
    K9ZW

http://k9zw.wordpress.com 
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Tim's support is nothing short of exemplary.   The leadership team is visionary. All businesses have challenges.    No other platform offers the features available on the flex radio platform.  Please respect the rules of this forum, and steer clear of direct criticism of contributors.
  • kd5foy
    kd5foy Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Very well said!!! Be polite.
  • Tony Taddeo
    Tony Taddeo Member
    edited June 2019
    On a lighter note - “explementary” either of two angles whose sum is 360 degrees. Auto complete gone mad. I meant “exemplary” .
  • Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Yup, totally agree.  The purpose of my original post was to agree with Steve's praise of Tim's excellent support. Unfortunately that got lost in his subsequent foolishness.  Let's get the focus back where it belongs.  It's far from given that the staff of a company is as excellent as Flex's is.  We're so fortunate to have Tim (and Eric, Dawn, John, Matt, Katie and Victoria to mention a few others).  Can't we just leave it at that?
  • Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Very cool - I'd totally forgotten about the "explement" of an angle!  It's not like you run across THAT every day.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.