Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

amplifier RF out power

Tom NA
Tom NA Member
No matter where I set the drive power on my flex 6300, the RF out of my tokyo Hi-power HL-450b remains at 100 watts out.  I am not using the ALC, and my SWR is running about 1.1 so there should be no reason for the radio cutting back  Other radios I have will key the amp at it's full output power with the recommended drive. 

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Tom, be sure you're moving the correct SSDR slider.  One for the Drive Power (modulation modes), and another for the Tune Mode.
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    It sounds like you are not keying the HL-450b. Do you have an RCA cable from the TX jack on the back of the 6300 to the HL-450b? Do you have TX1 enabled in the SmartSDR Radio Setup menu?
    Be sure to set the power output of the 6300 back to 30 watts or so before keying it up.

• WQ2H - Jim Poulette
    edited March 2020
    I think Craig may have it. The 'TX1 to relay' connection (on the ALS-600 anyway) is critical in order for the amp to receive the Tx enable. Good luck !
    JIm, WQ2H

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.