Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Amplifier not keying with 6400M and AL80B.

Options
Mick
Mick Member ✭✭
Hi, I've got my amplifier connection coming out from TX1, but it will not key the amp. Its an Ameritron AL80B.
When I take the RCA end out and put it to ground it keys, so it's not the amp.
Everything in the Transmit menu is set to default.

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Please post a screen shot of your transmit setting. Have you tried Tx2 or Tx3. 73, Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Make sure the relay is active in the rig setup. If I recall, the TX1,2,3 relays are not active by default. If you’re sure you’ve got it enabled, check the RCA connector with an ohmmeter to confirm it’s closing. The relay is rated to 140 mA, and the Ameritron specs 100 mA, but I am not sure I’d trust MFJ with my Flex. An isolating interface box is a good idea when switching a relay coil, since voltage spikes could be present far in excess of normal values.
  • Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yes, I've tried all 3. Sorry about the upside down, don't know why it did that.
  • Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I have the ARB704 in line.

• FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
     I see RCA TX1 Is set to Zero, Change it. Should be good then.

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    This is the screen I’d like to see. TX1 must have a check mark. https://images.app.goo.gl/ajBhJve67PBwESMX8
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
     When Smart SDR is running go to upper left to settings. Then go to TX band settings.
     Make sure  the RCA TX1 is checked . I have a 6300 and using 2,51.
     This is most likely your issue, Let us know.  Good luck.
  • Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    It is all unchecked as pictured.
  • Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Fixed it, Thank you so much.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    TX1 must be checked. Mack W4AX
  • Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    That was it.
  • Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Done. :)
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Great! Glad it’s working.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Same happen to me with Ten Tec Titan 425 with 6400M
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    Options

I am having the same problem with my 6400M and an acom 1200s. I don't use the windows software just the radio.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Go to TX Band Settings from main menu and check TX1 for each band you want to use the amp on. Make sure RCA cable plugged into TX1 on radio.

Dave wo2x

• Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    Options

Thank you. I don't recall ever having to do that before.

Stephen NG0G

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Older versions of software had the ability to enable TX1 from the TX tab. New versions of the software have a new feature called TX Band Settings table where you can set the TX1, 2 , and 3 lines on, RF power per band, tune power and other settings.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.