Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Amplifier Keying Jacks no longer working on Flex6600M

Geoff_W8GNM
Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My Flex6600M has been keying my amplifier normally using the TX1 RCA jack on the back panel to key the amplifier into transmit.   After booting up the 6600M today, I can no longer key the amplifier.   If I pull the amplifier keying cable out of the TX1 RCA jack and ground the center pin, the amplifier keys normally.  I also tried using the TX2 and TX3 RCA jacks and they do not key the amplifier either.
I have confirmed the following settings in the Transmit menu:
ACC TX: (0) IS DISABLED
RCA TX1: (0) IS ENABLED
RCA TX2: (0) IS ENABLED
RCA TX3: (0) IS ENABLED
TX DELAY: IS 20mS
TIMEOUT: IS  0 MIN
TX INHIBIT IS DISABLED
INTERLOCKS - TX REQ:
RCA IS DISABLED AND ACCESSORY IS DISABLED

All the above settings worked before.

I have re-loaded several of my global profiles, TX profiles, and MIC profiles as well as the default profiles and the RCA TX1: keying jacks are still not working.
I have re-loaded firmware back to version 2.1.30, and forward to version 2.1.32, but that has not solved  this problem.
Unless I have missed something in the software, I am now suspecting a hardware problem with
the three keying jacks.   The keying voltage/current for my amplifier is only 10V@ 8mA, so there is no possibility of damage to the 6600M keying relays.
Any suggestions are most welcome.  73, Geoff

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Geoff - try this to eliminate any profile conflict.

The amp should only have a PTT connection and a coax connection to the amp.

1.) Export you profiles
    2.) power off the radio
    3.) power on the radio holding the power button until it turns white then release (this initiates a factory reset)
    4.) After the radio is powered up, connect with SmartSDR v2.1.32
    5.) Go to Settings->Radio Setup->TX tab
    6.) all of these settings are back to the default.  Change only the tx delay to 20
    7.) Key the radio and see if it keys the amp.

If that does not work, then open a HelpDesk support ticket so we can do a more in-depth investigation.
  • Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    OK Tim,
    I just checked pin 11 on the accessory connector and it does not change state with MOX keyed.
    I am running HW version 2.1.32.104.
    I am a new Flex user.  How do I export the profiles?  Do I need to connect with Smart SDR on an external PC to do this?
  • Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    OK, I disconnected from the front panel and connected with SmartSDR v2.1.32 on my Win10 PC and individually saved all of my profiles.
    I think I am ready for the factory reset.
  • Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tim, I also exported all the profiles to the PC.  I'll let you know the results of the hard reset on the 6600M
  • Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tim, I did the factory reset as you instructed.  The keying jacks still do not work.
    I will open a trouble ticket.
  • Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Request #21898 submitted
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    This issue is being handled via the HelpDesk.  Thanks for opening a support ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.