Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Amp keying still online during powerup 6300 v1.3

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
When I turn on my 6300, the RCA jack is keying my Amp.  Once I start SSDR, the radio unkeys the amp.  I thought I saw in the release notes that this had been fixed but I am still experiencing the issue on my 6300.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Burch - I have written this up as a defect in our bug tracker for further investigation.  Thanks for the report.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Not a big deal to me since my tube amp takes 3 minutes to warmup but I could see where it could be an issue for someone with a solid state amp. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    It shouldn't behave that way, so we'll check it out.
  • Terry K7NY
    Terry K7NY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I see the same problem here. I have been leaving the amp off until everything is up and running.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That sounds like a logical power-up sequence anyway.  You never know what might break up the line and bust your amp. It makes sense to me to do it in stages.  But then I don't own an expensive amp, yet!  hi hi.
  • N7CXI
    N7CXI Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I just found this thread, having experienced the same thing tonight and having my heart give a "thump". I don't understand how it would be "logical" to have the radio key the amp during startup. ??  In my case the amp keying line controls a buffered switch that switches different  amps and pre-amp antenna relays depending on states set in the control box. I haven't thought of a case where it would actually cause damage, but I see it as a definite bug, as Tim said.

Jim, N7CXI

• N7CXI
    N7CXI Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    -bump-
    Bug still present in SSDR 1.3.8

Jim N7CXI

• Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    This issue has been addressed in the upcoming SmartSDR v1.4.0 release.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.