Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Amp for 1500

Ok guys, looking for suggestions. I have a 1500. Looking for a 50 watt amp to put behind it for those day when a lil more power is needed. Rarely ran a hundred watts when I had a rig that could so a 50 watt would suffice I think. 

Answers

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    How about this one...

https://www.hobbypcb.com/component/virtuemart/hardrock-50-hf-power-amp-kit-detail?Itemid=119

Reasonably priced and you get to do a little kit building:)

Jon...kf2e
  • Stuart Woodcock
    edited December 2014
    I've just purchased a MX-P50A from ALIExpress to try.  at £155GBP it's a great price and teh reviews on eham seem pretty good.
  • Michael VE3WMB
    edited December 2014
    If you can find one, the Tokyo Hy-Power HL-45B is a great little amp for the 1500.  THP is no longer in business but don't let that deter you from buying a used one of if you can find it. These are amps are so well made that I expect mine to outlive me.  

Michael VE3WMB 
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited December 2014
    I have an older HF Packer amp that is for sale.
  • Lee
    Lee Member
    edited December 2014

I built the HR-50 and it is superb.

Kit went together great and support is great. With the purchase of the kit you get a WORKING radio...If they can't help you get it going...you send it to them and thy fix it free!

It works very well, I have used it with my Softrock TXRX 80/40 tcvr and I like it.

Lee

• Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    An Acom 600s would be a fabulous amplifier to pair with a Flex 1500.  185 to 200 watts out with 5 watts in.  A reasonable person might ask how pairing a $2900 amplifier with a $600 radio could be justified but I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader :-)
    edited January 2015
    If the Elves at Flex-Radio produce a SmartSDR version of the Flex 1500 that puts out 10 watts, then a paired Acom 600s would put out 350 watts.  That would be a pretty nice arrangement.  
    edited January 2015
    Then again, a Flex 6900 with a MRFE6VP6300H or two would produce 350 watts or more of output.  (I admit that I'm not a marketing person.)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.