Although i love my 1500 .

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
Although i love my 1500 i am not into Qrp .
The 3000 with out dated fire wire is the only affordable solution if it weren't for the act fire wire is not supported by the majority  computer manufactures .
The signature series even at entry level is to costly in Africa. So please Flex consider a sub 2000 dollar radio 100w radio with ether net cat 5 connection. for us  in the rest of the world.
Photo of Lawrence Orsmond

Lawrence Orsmond

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Rick Hadley - W0FG

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 579 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
Not quite sub-$2000,but the new 6300 is about as close as I suspect you're going to be able to find.
Photo of John n0snx

John n0snx

• 229 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
If you love your 1500 then it would make the most sense to just get you a QRP amp like I did for my 1500 and turn your 1500 into a 100 watt out rig.. You can find them fairly reasonable price that's a whole lot cheaper....couple hundred dollars and your set...

Lawrence Orsmond

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Let me see if i can answer my two posts in one.
The 1500 hundred landed cost here is 1157 us dollars.I could add a amp on to it for another 600 dollars without power supply which would then bring it up to 1757 us dollars.,and it would still only be a hundred watt radio.
Having said that and we know flex has done it before why not produce a scaled down 100 what radio with similar specs to the 3000 but with the connectivity of the signature series for under 2000 us dollars.This way i can drive a  mid power amp with the hundred watts.The point here is if you are going to make the other half of your radio a computer you need to keep up with the trend in computers in so far as connectivity etc.
Photo of Michael - N5TGL

Michael - N5TGL

• 307 Posts
  • 101 Reply Likes
They did.  It's the 6300.  Sorry to say, but fancy features don't come cheap.  Furthermore, why would Flex go backwards to re-engineer previous generation hardware?  It doesn't make good business sense, and that's why you won't see it.  If you want a cutting edge, Ethernet connected radio, you're going to have to pay to play.

Lawrence Orsmond

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You are missing the point.
I don want or need the fancy features just the connectivity supported by the computer companies !
Photo of ww8x.joe@gmail.com

ww8x.joe@gmail.com

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Using a business-class, legacy laptop or desktop with firewire to run a F3K until jumping to a 6000 series, seems like a workable solution. That's what I'm planning on doing.
Photo of Dale KB5VE

Dale KB5VE

• 411 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
Well this is why we have apples and oranges. I could see another radio from flex in the future,one aimed at qrp and transverter users. This very easily could be a 6300 without the 100 watts devices. I know you can turn down the power but people that would buy this radio do not want 100 watts. What you are looking for is a radio that cost less and hooks up by Ethernet. There are many new sdr radios popping up and I feel you will see one. Will it be a flex maybe or maybe not.

With the higher cost in your country I might suggest you wait until the remote ove wan and make connection with someone in the states who could set you up a stateside station at a lot more reasonable price. I feel that will come before the radio you want from flex. Good luck on your quest.

Lawrence Orsmond

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Dale,
At least i know  that there is one person out there that understands not only the situation 
regarding costs and affordability in a 3rd world country, but also  what i was actually  asking.
I thank you for your reply 
(Edited)
Photo of Dale KB5VE

Dale KB5VE

• 411 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
You are very welcome, I fully understand your economic issues and in the past I have sent equipment to several hams in other countries. In one instance I sent some components to a ham in India which were not very expensive in the USA , later I received a box from him and expecting it to be some food like the previous boxes I opened it only to find some very nice silver jewelry. A note with the jewelry was thanking me for the components which were not only costly in India but really hard to get. He stated the jewelry was no where the cost the components would have cost and he wanted to do something special.

My wife still has and wears the jewelry and I really appreciate what we have in the USA. Hang in there and I hope your dreams come through.