Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ALS-600 with RJ-USB6000 cable problem. Amm WOn't turn on Cable not recognized.

Steven Hess
Steven Hess Member
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
OK. I got a new ALS-600 and got the MFJ Flex specific USB cable plugged it in.
Then the amp shut off. I had configured the USB cable BCD active high.
I removed the USB cable from the USB devices window before I unplugged it.
Now my 6300 will not recognize the USB cable when plugged in.
Nor will my ALS-600 power on despite all my efforts.
Any Ideas of what I should try? Hope I didn't **** my new AMP.

Answers

• K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    There have been several posts here recently about these cables being mis-wired.  Do a search.  If you can't power-up the amp with the able disconnected, it will probably need a trip back to Mississippi.
  • Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    That would be a bummer. I'm hoping I can some how reset the ALS-600. Power supply is making power Plugging the USB cable into a PC and it's not recognized so I'm thinking it's dead.
  • Terry K7NY
    Terry K7NY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    iS IT A ALS 606 OR ALS600? The als600 needs the ar500 between radio and amp with the other two cables going to amp
  • Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    ALS-600
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Then you need an ARI-500 (AR-eye) between the 6300 and the 600. If you plugged the USB cable directly into the amp you likely fried the cable.

https://mfjenterprises.com/products/ari-500?_pos=1&_sid=dca9c3448&_ss=r

• Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yea. I talked to Ameritron. Fried the cable and blew 2 amp fast **** fuse in the Power Supply
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    You need the ARI500 and an rca cable from TX1 to relay.  And you will find out that neither the operate / standby switch on the amp or the ARI500 is functional with that setup.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.