ALS-1306 and DB-USB6000 cable

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Hi.  From what I can see from the Ameritron documentation, the Flex 6300 should control the band switching on the ALS-1306 with nothing more than the new Ameritron DB-USB6000 cable.  Anyone doing this or am I missing something?  Thanks.
Photo of Ken, K2KXK

Ken, K2KXK

• 28 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Craig - KØCF

Craig - KØCF

• 148 Posts
  • 49 Reply Likes
First, for this to work you must be running v2 of SmartSDR. If that is the case, then you must program the USB cable through the Settings | USB menu in SmartSDR. You can choose the cable type, and if it uses COM port protocols you can set the baud rate and other settings.

Photo of Ken, K2KXK

Ken, K2KXK

• 28 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Craig.  Thanks for the reply.  I am running v2 so I expect it should be able to set the appropriate parameters.  That being the case, I assume I can do this from a remote PC as well.
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 571 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
The Cable also MUST use the real FTDI  chip-set for it to be compatible with the Flex 6000  series radio's. 

Yes it will work remote because it plugs directly into the Radio, this is why it needs to be the FTDI Chip-set.

Bret
WX7Y

(Edited)
Photo of David - AB1XG

David - AB1XG

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
There are instructions for setting up the cable,. see http://www.ameritron.com/support.php?productid=DB-USB6000