Alright guys what happened to Version 1.1.2 that was on the site 2 hours ago, as a matter of fact where did the Flex website go?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Alright guys what happened to the upgrade to Version 1.1.2 that was on the site 2 hours ago, as a matter of fact where did the Flex website go?
Photo of Al

Al

• 175 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3784 Posts
  • 1637 Reply Likes
they had a problem with 1.1.2 ... I guess they took the site down too?

See earlier posts
Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 623 Posts
  • 122 Reply Likes

I downloaded v1.1.2 approximately 5 minutes after the availability announcement.  So far I have not noticed any problems with this new updated version. 

However, the APF usage, I have not found.  For those that may not know APF can be located and turned on the blue RX GUI on the top right side.  No information on how this works; unless I'm missing a page. 

I printed a copy of the new SmartSDR Software User's Guide all 98 pages and I have not seeing any new information after comparing with the previous version dated 1/17/14. Except that the old version is 82 pages versus 98. 

I will submit a suggestion, to FRS to reduced their pages or just add pages to previous guides. At this printing rate our forest will become extinct.

Photo of James Nelson

James Nelson

• 112 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Dont suppose you put the download on "send it" and post the link... the Flex site is down... :-( "jamesnelson_vk2jn@yahoo.com.au" and I have deleted my working installation... :-(
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9197 Posts
  • 3557 Reply Likes
Official Response
The web site was down from earlier in the day.  It was just a coincidence that we had an issue with some FLEX-6500 and the new release.  I guess when it rains it pours...

We are also working to get the web site back up too, but it looks like its problem was a hardware crash. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.