Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Almost too easy. Well not really. :-)

Options
Jim Bryce W5HFS
Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
My 6700 continues to amaze me. I turned it on for a "minute" this morning. Since I could see all of 20 meters I picked a good ssb signal and listened. It turned out to W1AW that I worked right away. I wondered where the MUF was and opened up pans for 17, 15, and 12. 17 was active, 15 not so much, but 12 was loaded. I picked an ssb signal and worked him, barefoot, right away -- OH6RE. The ability to observe all these bands at the same time, see all the signals, and pounce totally changes amateur radio.

Comments

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    That's why we like to call it Visual Radio(TM). ;>)
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Last night, while waiting my turn on a 20 meters QSO, I popped open a second Panadapter and typed in 27.185 to see if I could hear any truckers driving though on 11 meters. (because I can) All was quiet there, but from that vantage point I could see that other parts of the 11 meters band was very alive. I knew right away that 10 meters was probably alive as well. At this point I jumped over to 10 meters and started calling CQ. No one called me back on that frequency, but I could see a nearby signal, so I spun the Flex control knob over to the nearby signal and it was a someone in Brazil calling CQ. I immediately returned his call completing my first QSO on 10 meters on my FlexRadio. So two visual cues led to a QSO that would otherwise not have happened. And I never missed my turn on the 20 Meters QSO.
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    This sort of advance in operating capabilities is exactly why I'm excited about the 6000 series radios!!!!!
  • Dave-N9CHM
    Dave-N9CHM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yep, same here. That's why the 6500 is my 1st SDR!!!!!
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Visual radio indeed. After working away from the rig most of the afternoon I walked by the 6700 and noticed a signal peaking on the same 12 meter frequency as OH6RE this morning. Thinking it was the same station I listened and heard a "J". I turned my Tennadyne T-6 about 50 degrees and responded to JQ2IQW's CQ. Right back. Fish in a barrel comes to mind -- or rather DX on a peak.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.