Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Allowing Tx1, 2 and 3 to Be assigned by band

Options
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Those of us using transverters would like to have the Tx1,2 and or 3 enabled by band so when I am on HF, I am not keying the transverter if I forget to power it down.  Or when I key the transverter my pw1 doesn't key :-) 

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    you can do that in V3

Or create a profile for each band and set each band like you want.
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Create a profile for that config. Recall it when you need it.
  • Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    If I remembered to load a new profile, I could remember to turn off the transverter lol :-)

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Ed,

I use three transverters and have a transmit profile defined, that is linked to a global profile, for each transverter. Dead simple in version 2 or 3. Recommend you read the section in the manual on transmit profiles.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yes these replies solve your problems. That is how Flex is planned, the use of profiles. Instead of selecting a band,,just select the correct profile created for that band.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yes, but I don't want to be required to load a new Global Profile every time I change bands or modes.  I gadfly about the bands too much for that, especially when using the spotter link in my logger....

I have a number of different TX Profiles that can be called up when I change transverters, just like Mac.  My 2-Meter TX Profile activates TX3 on my back panel.

My 432MHZ TX Profile activates TX2 on the panel and disables TX3, etc.

However, V.3.0 will have a Band Setup page that will allow you to program which TX(1-3) is active for each band, including transverter setups, without needing to incorporate multiple TX Profiles if you don't want to.  This is going to simplify things for some users.  

Ken - NM9P
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    That one feature will change a lot for some users Ken. Wait till many are using it and that's all we will hear about...lol
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The current TX Profiles are linked to TX Antenna Selection.. so I can have one linked to ANT1 and a different to ANT2 and still another linked to XVTR, which is OK.  It remembers what TX Profile I last used with that TX output, but what about if I have  multiple transverters connected to the XVTR port ans switch between them?  The current TX Profile doesn't link to the frequency band info, only the TX output antenna selection.  This is why the new Band Setup form will be helpful.  It links multiple output and input jacks on the back panel to band and antenna as well as linking to power output and tune power output, etc.  it will be nice.

• Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    This is exactly what I was looking for when I started the topic.  I guess I will be upgrading after all.  No interest in the remote stuff and my PW1 handles the automatic antenna selection for the various HF bands.  Thanks to all for the comments and info.
    Ed W2PH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.