Allow CW Speed to be mapped to FlexControl

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Implemented
I like to match my CW sending speed to that of the station I'm working, and that adjustment usually gets tweaked while I'm sending (particularly when returning a call for the first time). Since I'm right handed and my right hand is busy with the paddles, using my left hand to simultaneously adjust my sending speed on a computer screen with a mouse -- greatly exceeds my coordination capabilities. However, I'm sure I could manage to twist the FlexControl knob.

73, Dale
WA8SRA
Photo of WA8SRA

WA8SRA

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Charles - K5UA

Charles - K5UA

• 319 Posts
  • 89 Reply Likes
Another good idea Dale. Keeps the right hand where it should be, next to the key and the flex control.
Photo of W5XZ - dan

W5XZ - dan

• 571 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
great idea, Dale
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 621 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Excellent suggestion!
Photo of Paul,  KB3ML

Paul, KB3ML

• 18 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Please !   This would be very handy.     1.6 ?
(Edited)
Photo of Ken - WA8JXM

Ken - WA8JXM

• 25 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
I absolutely agree!   That's one of the major reasons I prefer my K3 for casual operating over the 6300: the ability to make adjustments, primarily keying speed, with my left hand instead of trying the impossible with a mouse!   

I would really like to see a lot of the on screen-mouse-controlled options optionally mapable to the keyboard since the FlexControl only has four functions.  

Even during receive, it would be great to be able to use the keyboard for certain functions such as fine tuning, power setting, bandwidth, noise blanker, etc.     Give us a dozen keys (maybe the numeric keypad, or at least the arrow keys), plus the normal function keys and let use decide which functions we want on the keyboard!
Photo of W5XZ - dan

W5XZ - dan

• 571 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
which is the main reason i'll probably never buy a Maestro...knobs on the right???

really??? for a right handed cw guy, with some paddles ??  JM2C..73

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.