Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

All signals appear and disappear as I tune back and forth over a small spot Is this the autotuner d

Stephen Hawkins NG0G
Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Tuning back and forth over a small frequency range on 18Mhz  all signals appear and disappear.  I can hear a relay click as this happens.  I suspect the autotuner.  I am not transmitting, just receiving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-8C-VX1pqM
  The SWR over this range is about 3 to 1 and does not change much. See video

Answers

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I wonder if this is a  LOW Pass filter clicking in???   I have a Icom R-8600 that acts this way at certain frequencies..  Not sure if the 6400 lets you switch them off or not???? Flex will know the answer.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    It hapoens to me too. If you tune the band and hit the tune button when it ioccurs it won’t do it anymore
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    I'll give that shot when the sun comes up and there are signals to hear.  But I think I already tried that.   I report back.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Most likely is the tuner in auto memory mode
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    That might be  I'll know soon.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.