Alien Abduction and the new Flex 6800

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
I was abducted by Aliens yesterday and found that they had the new F6800 onboard their spaceship. Wow! What a radio! Totally mind controlled! It uses the " think system" to control the radio. You merely think about the frequency and it tunes the radio to that frequency, and CW? No paddle needed! Think words and it sends CW! It also anticipates the QSO before it happens! Fills out the QSLs and mails them before the contact is made! Fllex, when will that radio be available for us terrestial beings?
Photo of K2CM

K2CM

• 265 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
  • high!

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2767 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
Oh nooo, not again. I hope they don't put a date on it......
Photo of DrTeeth

DrTeeth

• 1687 Posts
  • 387 Reply Likes
You've got that old thing? You must have been abducted by some primitive ones. The F9000 is implanted on one's brain and can send infinite modes - size of a pin-head with a smaller version out next year. Does not rely on ionospheric propagation.
(Edited)
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2767 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
I think this is how the New World Order is to implemented, shame on Flex...
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9148 Posts
  • 3467 Reply Likes
When offered, take the red pill ;-)
Photo of Manfred HB9FLU

Manfred HB9FLU

• 20 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
what about the blue one?
Photo of Tony Taddeo

Tony Taddeo

• 60 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Very funny.
Photo of WH6HI - Pat

WH6HI - Pat

• 275 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
The F9000 uses JT-Warp which has an unlimited data throughput and no latency.  It is common knowledge that one can receive a full duplex reply before the message is even sent. 
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9148 Posts
  • 3467 Reply Likes
And it consumes only 1 Hz of bandwidth too
(Edited)
Photo of WH6HI - Pat

WH6HI - Pat

• 275 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
And consumes no power in the present tense....only in the future tense!
(Edited)
Photo of Bill-W9OL

Bill-W9OL

• 726 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
My question:
When you worked that last needed DXCC station, Can you use the 'mind control feature' to force your qso partner to AUTOMATICALLY mail you the qsl so you don't have to send him a SASE and pray that the DX station gets it?
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 297 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
bet it had not got fm
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1514 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
In the future software release versioning will count down instead of counting up, you will receive the Final release first and the alpha software will be written last. the next to the last version will be simple to write too.
Example Source Code copy/pasted from SmartestSDR-alpha v0.0.01

#include <iostream>
int main()
{
    std::cout << "Goodbye, cruel world!\n";
}

SmartestSDR-alpha v0.0.00, will then be generated on the users machine as an empty, 0byte file and immediately uploaded back to the Mothership.
SmartestSDR will then regress further into negative versions, counting in reverse with SmartestSDR-omega v-0.0.01, the process may stall for a while, between v-1.3.0 and -1.5.0 but, using a regressive, negative versioning scheme customers will not see this as a delay, though it will cause many customers to complain that it violates the Second law of thermodynamics  because it uninstalls and uploads before they have a chance to delete it. So they insist that Flexradio stop the attempts at writing a "Software Designed Singularity" and just use the standard hardware Black Holes like the competition does.

NO5J - Jay ,73
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9148 Posts
  • 3466 Reply Likes
The view from the event horizon is lovely this morning...
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1514 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
thats what I get for playing with </>.  
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1514 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
Maybe it folded that paragraph thru an alternate reality n-dimension.
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1514 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
When I crossed the Event Horizon it actually did feel as if the entire universe was chasing me down into a bottomless hole, at the speed of light. I was worrying about that when suddenly, I popped into existence here. Who are all these people, and why do only a few of them have Texas accents? Maybe I'm back in Kansas, Toto stop licking that! You don't have any idea where it's been. And I don't think we're in Austin anymore.
Photo of Jay -- N0FB

Jay -- N0FB, Elmer

• 534 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
....And 4/1/2015 is still 3 weeks away.
Photo of W4YXU

W4YXU

• 75 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
After all this information I am not sure I would install software released on April 2!

Jim
W4YXU
Photo of Claudius Ptolemaeus

Claudius Ptolemaeus

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Why does the most modern radio there is still do CW?  Like wood spoke wheels on a Tesla.
Photo of Jay -- N0FB

Jay -- N0FB, Elmer

• 534 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
It is the original "digital mode", and just a whole bunch of fun!

Claudius Ptolemaeus

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So is dancing the Charleston.
Photo of Burt Fisher

Burt Fisher

• 1049 Posts
  • 366 Reply Likes
Claudius why do you still walk when there are cars?

Claudius Ptolemaeus

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Flex did spend a good deal of time in the last release of perfecting that wood spoke wheels option too.  
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2767 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
Yes they did, if it were not in such demand...
Photo of Bill W2PKY

Bill W2PKY

• 451 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
My F9000 experience was through a pair of Google Glasses whereby I could hear every amateur signal on the air simultaneously.  Yes, the F9000 has infinite slices! Additionally the user may contact any number of Hams on the air concurrently. Thus WAS, DXCC etc can be earned in a few minutes. Truly and amazing radio. When is the roll-out on Earth?
Photo of John n0snx

John n0snx

• 229 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
I hope it's soon... I'm giddy just thinking about it....
Photo of Andrew Russell

Andrew Russell

• 260 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Clear aliens that advanced would have an Flex N! using quantum entanglement for instantaneous universal communication.
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1514 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
Clear aliens? Maybe thats where the voices are coming from. Thanks! I was worried it would turn out to be the drugs. Worried I wouldn't be able to afford any new addictions. Maybe I could just ask them to wear a hat or something. How many heads have they got? Sometimes the voices seem to be talking to each other. 

73, Jay - NO5J
Photo of Andrew Russell

Andrew Russell

• 260 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes

Laughing so much it hurts

Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1514 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
You know, it's been said with these radios, if you can hear em you can work em. I wonder what these aliens can do. I know some aliens work pretty cheap, wait a sec, I bet they don't even need green cards, if they keep they're mouths shut, I'm certainly not gonna say anything. Who's to know. I'll just say. Hey Mr. IRS do your co-workers know you've been hearing voices? Yeah I see all those hats on the floor, you got something against collecting hats. Want to see the hats move all by themselves? Might go good with the voices in your report. Maybe you need to take a pill or something, I got some good ones if your interested.

73, Jay - NO5J