Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ALC problem on Flex-6500 SSDR 1.3 Exper 1k-FA

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
hello, 
I'm doing tests with my FA Expert 1K using the new "Hardware ALC" but I notice a problem when in fact it is on my modulation appears to be at times, fragmented, and if I disable ALC settings manually FlexRadio and I reduce the power not I have no problem of modulation may depend on what? 

thanks
IZ7AUH Frank

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    For what reason you need ALC ? No need for a modern TRX and a modern SS PA. Forget using ALC !
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Whats is a good using of my Expert 1k with SSDR 1.3? Can you give me a guide?

Best 73 IZ7AUH 

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I do not use ALC with my Expert 2k-FA I use DDUTIL to automatically limit power by different bands to the Amp
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    @KY6LA Many tnx please give me info about I using DDUTIL too but I don't understand about a opportunity for auto drive....
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Frank Here is a screen shot of my auto drive settings for my expert 2K-FA. image

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.