Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ALC for Tokyo High Power 450B

Pat N6PAT
Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Has anyone connected a 6700 to a Tokyo High Power 450B? I'm using the ARB-704 key relay for keying from TX1 but do not currently have ALC set up. The ARB-704 manual says to connect ALC directly from the radio to the amp but the Flex manual says there is a possibility of damage due to voltage

I keep the 6700 power under 50 watts via slice slider controls because the amp drive limit is 50 but I have seen it overdrive my amp a few times. When that happens it locks up my computer and I have to reboot. I now limit the radio output to 35 watts via the TX tab instead of relying on the slider controls but I'd like to add the ALC as a safety measure.

tnx Pat N6PAT

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Your issue sounds like RF in the shack is causing the lockups.  ALC should be directly connected from the radio to the amp, but make sure the amp is configured to operate between -4 and 0 volts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.