Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Aggravated Here!

On start up....6300.... ROARING RUMBLE / Severe Wind Noise!!!  Help Desk will not load to report this. I have to unplug radio, wait a few minutes, plug it back up and try again. Sometimes it takes 2 times before it launches properly. Why is this happening?

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Do you have a way of recording and sharing the sound? That might help. Also, what is your network configuration? Are you listening to your rig through the computer (using DAX, perhaps) or directly through the speaker jack? 
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

take the power from the back of the off for about 10 to 30 seconds and then restart the radio. I saw the same thing after installing 1.3.8

Jim

WU5E

• Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    6300 - also happened to me once. Not sure what it was. Has not recurred.?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Try turning OFF the EQ for RX before exiting SmartSDR and restart the program.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I believe this is addressed in V1.4 coming any time now.
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Are there any voices in with the sounds? What do they say to you?
  • Steve Parker
    Steve Parker Member
    edited February 2015
    Yes Ross.....I'm hearing "Go Back to the knobs!"
  • Steve Parker
    Steve Parker Member
    edited February 2015
    I hope so
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Did you get it fixed?
  • Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Happened to me for the first time tonight.  I found it necessary to stop SSDR, power down my 6300 (did not turn off ACPS), repowered the radio, re-launched SSDR and the wind noise was gone.  The radio has now been running for 4 hours without incident.  Lets let the system of reporting problems, working with Flex, helping each other, etc. resolve this minor annoyance.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Sounds to me like something is incrementing the EQ settings by whatever value the RX EQ was set to, during the previous boot session, instead of only applying the previous values.

Fixable in software and not a permanent defect at least.

Happens here also depending on whether the EQ was left on or off, at the end of the previous session. 

I do appreciate all the EQ headroom possibilities I've discovered these speakers seem to have though. They go way way past "11".

Gives new meaning to having a "killer" set of speakers.

Jay - NO5J
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017

If the problem persists, I recommend that you open a HelpDesk support ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) so we can investigate further.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It is just trolling Tim. We have provided several answers to the problem and he only replied to one with a reference to going back to knobs and the other when it related to the new version. Sigh!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I know Steve.  He isn't a troll. He is just a little frustrated and opening a HelpDesk ticket to get official one-on-one support is the most effective way to address problems of this nature.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ok. Then ignore my comments, I just felt that he was getting answers and not acknowledging any of them.
    Sorry Steve to put you on the same boat as the trolls.
  • Steve Parker
    Steve Parker Member
    edited February 2015
    No......did it again today. 2 times.
  • Steve Parker
    Steve Parker Member
    edited February 2015
    Salvador, it happens daily, I tried to open help desk ticket, it would not open. This issue happens daily, twice today. Tim and I are Facebook friends, I posted video of this happening and showed it to him. It will be resolved with 1.4 I hope. I'm moving to the 6500 soon, I hope this problem is not present there.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Did you try turning off the RX EQ?
  • Steve Parker
    Steve Parker Member
    edited February 2015
    I have the EQ turned off......I use outboard gear.
  • Steve Parker
    Steve Parker Member
    edited February 2015
    BTW......sorry I didn't respond in a timely manor before......Major foot surgery, Father-in-Law very ill.......mother with dementia in nursing home........major snow storm....... a lot going on. I appreciate any, and all help.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    No problem, I guess I was a bit more susceptible because of all the whining going on lately on the forum so I also jumped at you. Take care of real life things, which are more important, this is just a hobby, and the only ones that have more invested in it are FRS owners and employees, it is their livelihood. For the rest of us is just a matter of getting this or that feature on a "toy".

If I leave the RX EQ in the ON position when I turn off my 6300, when I turn it back on I get the noises you describe. By making sure I do not leave the RX EQ On I have "solved" the problem in my case.

I understand they are working on a final solution on new software versions as this behavior is a problem and the solution right now is just a work around. But if it solves your issue it might help relieve the aggravation.

Good luck in all those family fronts!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.