Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

after purchasing ver 3 can we still be able to download ver 2.5 when available with the other update

mike /k6mgk
mike /k6mgk Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    yes
  • Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I buy version 3 on december 2018 , i’m standby for thé download :)
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    You can install or reinstall any version you like and that you are happy with.
    Unless, you want to invest to v3.x.x.

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I hope that v3 would have all the changes incorporated in v2.5.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Changing between 3.0 and 2.5 (or any other two versions) requires the radio firmware to be changed. You can’t use both 3.0 and 2.5 on the same radio at the same time, or on two different computers.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

Actually its the other way around... the Major and Minor Changes will be in V3.0 and then the V3 bug fixes will be ported down to V2.5
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    If I have two radios.   One with V2.x and one with V3.x   I expect I will need bothe ver 3 and ver 2 installed on my computer to use both radios.  Can I use both at the same time?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes, you can use the "matching" radio with its software. Should (should) be selectable from the radio chooser.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited February 2019
    Yes, you will and I don't think you can run them both at the same time.  Currently, that is a SmartSDR limitation.  You can both on the same network, but it would have to be different computers (or, I guess they could be in VM's).
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for the help.  73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.