Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

AF volume loss when using SPLIT

Options
Hello FLEX users!
For years and different FLEX-6K I've been wondering about a clearly noticeable AF loss in SPLIT mode, which I tried to compensate more or less well by different AF settings of VFO-A and VFO-B. In the end I almost came to terms with it and attributed it to my age-related hearing loss (although I didn't have this shortcoming with other TRXes, such as IC-7600, etc.)...
...and over all these years I never read/found anything about this "effect" here in the FLEX-Forum - so it really seemed to concern only me...  :-)
But now I noticed more or less by chance how drastic the hearing difference really is! Only with VFO-A the signal is clear and loud audible (according to the settings!) - but as soon as you activate VFO-B via SPLIT, it gets much quieter! But how bad it really is, you can see when you listen to the same signal with VFO-B (VFO-A is muted!), the same signal is even quieter and above all much more dull and frequency-cut...
If you do the same listening test not by SPLIT activation but by switching on a 2nd pan adapter (which is now VFO-B), this signal is loud and clear on both VFO's and the loss effect described above does not occur, instead you can record different signals on both VFO's - CW pileups are now not only a pleasure for the eyes but also for the ears!   :-)

Conclusion: I think this is a real bug of the FLEX-6K series (I don't know if it's hard- or software) and should be fixed!
But to make this a topic for FLEX as well, several other FLEX operators would have to confirm this bug and/or report their experiences...

Helmut, OE8TTR

Comments

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I have noticed the exact same thing on my 6600 & Maestro running 2.16 (but was there in earlier versions too.)
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    This is a known defect....
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/audio-equalizer-on-rx-b-slice
    I bet you are using the RX equalizer. To get the audio properly working on slice B, make sure you are selecting this slice, and bring out the mode selection for slice B. Change from what ever mode you are using to any other mode i.e. CW to USB and then back to CW. Presto the audio is properly working.

It's been reported long ago, but not sure how high this is on the "to-do" list. At least there is a work-around.

• Helmut Wurzer
    Helmut Wurzer Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi Lasse, thanks for the link with a work-around - tried it and worked!
    And yes you won the bet...  :-)
    This bug exists for sure since SSDR V1 (using nw V3) - the "to-do" list must be long...  ;-)
    73's Hel

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.