Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

advise on how to hook up my Ten Tec Titan III amp with 6700

Options
John Molenda
John Molenda Member
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hello gang , I need a walk through of hooking my amp to my 6700 cableing etc. thanks ( finally got some time to myself this afternoon ! Yeah ) John Molenda kb2huk

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    good joke !
  • John Molenda
    John Molenda Member
    edited March 2014
    Options
    What did miss ? can we not hook up amplifiers to the radio yet ? john kb2huk
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It may have been a bit of tongue in cheek. It is likely nothing more than a piece of coax from the radio to the amp and a key line from TX1 RCA to the amp relay. No different than any other radio. 73 Greg
  • Mickey N4MB
    Mickey N4MB Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I've just connected my AL1500 with QSK and have it working QSK with the Flex 6500. The Titan III offers a tx enable output that you may choose to use. From the Titan II manual: (http://www.tentec.com/content/downloads/manuals/417A_MANUAL_G.pdf) KEY IN is the transmit signal from the radio, I'd connect that to TX1. KEY OUT connect to the TX EN INPUT (7.17 of your Hardware Reference manual). I would also connect ALC's although it isn't supported in the current SmartSDR (1.0.5 Beta.) Then refer back to chapter 16 of the SmartSDR Users Guide. Under Interlocks, set the RCA TX REQ to Active Negative, which is what the Ten Tech manual says, anyway... Good luck. It's all in the manuals, you just have to put them all together. 73, Mickey N4MB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.