Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Advanced SO2R ?

Options
Hello Guys!! 

A good friend bring me the possibility to have his 6700+Maestro at home for a few months and i´m very happy with how it works, even I´m planning to sale my radios and to buy a 6600M.

As contest operator i´m very interesting how SO2R works in this Radio. 
6600M will birng the posibility to have advanced SO2R audio? 
Thats mind.....
While A it is TXing, audio focus will be on B
While B it is TXing, audio focus will be on A  
While NO TX audio focus on A and B  
It is possible to set up in this way ? 

Many thanks in advance. !! 
73 de EA8RM  / EF8R 

Answers

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hola Juan.. 

The Flex 6000 series uses the OTRSP radio specification, and as such the muting and unmuting of slices follows that standard.  In full duplex, if you are cq ing on slice a, you will have continuous audio on slice B.  I have been working through some workflow issues regarding this very subject with the flex team in Alpha, we tried something but it was not well received.  with the team focused on V2.0 we had to sideline temporarily but should continue to refine the workflow as bandwidth allows.

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Right now using FDX mode on my 6700 I can listen while transmitting, but only in one ear. As Chris mentioned there are workflow issues that are being worked out. 
  • Juan EA8RM (aka EF8R)
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Many thanks for answers Chris and Ria.
    I set up 6700 SO2R with FDX using N1MM+ i can use functions "focus on ither radio" and "focusother Always Swap" but i can´t listen both when no txing as i can do with MK2R+. 
    I hope they solve soon this, for a serious SO2R contesters this is very important.
    Best reagards and 73  
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Actually, you can, one in each ear, aka "stereo." Press the ~ key as usual. 
  • Juan EA8RM (aka EF8R)
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Many thanks Ria. 

Best regards
  • Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I found this thread after setting up my new 6600 with OTRSP for N1MM+ Logger.  The ~ key is correctly toggling the mute on the  other radio, but the little green light on that entry window in N1MM is not toggling on and off as expected when I repeatedly press the ~ key. 

Just curious if anyone has encountered or solved this issue, or has any suggestions for how to debug it. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.