Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Advanced mode CAT SSDR 1.6.21

Randy Diddel
Randy Diddel Member
edited November 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Where are the advanced settings for a Serial Port  in Smart SDR CAT?  I have created an existing port (COM2) and need to dial down the speed.  I noticed that you can click edit on any COM port in the list and then right-click on any empty space on the panel and choose the Advanced mode. It will warn you about having to know stuff and do you want to continue Y/N but I cannot see where the advanced settings are.  Ideas?

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016

After you hit the edit button, right click on the serial button. However the changeable parameters do not include the baud rate nor the data configuration.

Jim, k6QE

• Randy Diddel
    Randy Diddel Member
    edited February 2016
    Nothing happens other than being able to toggle off the advanced mode. What options should I see?
  • Randy Diddel
    Randy Diddel Member
    edited February 2016
    I am trying to get band, frequency, etc out of my physical COM port which I am told should be possible.

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    It would be my guess the CAT is a virtual serial port and the parameters such as speed are configurable only on the physical serial ports.
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    In order to change port parameters you do so in Windows. Go to control panel then to device manager then to com ports. Select(right click) com port of interest then select advanced and you can change port number etc. I think you get chance to change port speed before entering advanced. May need restart for changes to appear.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    I believe that is only true for physical com ports not virtual comports like CAT
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Randy,
      I believe that you will need to go to the windows device manager> ports  and select the existing com port that you attached to SSDR CAT.  Then go to Port Settings to change the physical traits of the hardware port. 

AL, K0VM
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    As Al and I have stated you do these changes via Windows device manager
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Where?
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Jim,
      He is attempting to connect SSDR CAT to an exisiting HARDWAR port...

AL, K0VM
  • Randy Diddel
    Randy Diddel Member
    edited May 2017
    I know you can do it through D.M. I am curious as to what the "Advanced Mode" is and does as I see no difference.  I though perhaps that Flex brought the functionality through to CAT.  But, I see NO difference between Advanced and regular mode.  What function does it serve?

• Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    You right click on com port in DM and get the applet that Al shows in 2nd image.
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    It permits some changes to port buffers and to the assigned port number. For example, assume you PC wants to assign a specific port to your Flex Control and you wish to use that port for something else you can assign port, say port 10 to the Flex Control. It's a place where conflicts can be resolved. And buffer behavior can be managed.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Jim,
      What version of SSDR CAT are you running ?

AL, K0VM
  • Randy Diddel
    Randy Diddel Member
    edited February 2016
    1.6.21 as noted in the title of thread.  On the virtual side in advanced mode, I can see other side of the pair but that is all.  My question is not being understood. 

As Bob noted I should be able to see, "It permits some changes to port buffers and to the assigned port number."  I see none of this functionality.

And, as an update for the other part of my question, I see no data out of physical serial ports I have.  DDUtil can use and send data to my SteppIR through physical COM1, but if I assign COM1 port and set baud to 2400, 8N2 (from device manager) like is set  in DDUtil with the same cable, nothing.  I suspect CAT is not sending data out as designed to physical ports.

/randy
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Randy, you are correct, I do not understand. If you would like to discuss, you can call me at 972-423-5985.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Randy,
       Okay I think I am with you now.. Right clicking in a SSDR CAT port setup or Edit form brings up the Advanced option.  At present the only thing that seems to do is make the server side of a VSP pair visable and available for port number modification.  Normally you should not need to modify the server side port number unless there is some type of conflict due to duplicate assignement.

AL, K0VM
  • Randy Diddel
    Randy Diddel Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks Al, you got it!  I was asking because I was expecting more than what I saw and you confirmed what I was experiencing here.  

/randy

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.