Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Additional information on the new FlexRadio products...

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
They are black. Seriously. Did you really expect us to provide any substitive information on the new radios before the big reveal later this week? Since the chatter and speculation had tapered off, I thought I'd stir up the **** a little bit

Comments

• Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    So was the Ford Model A
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    That s where the inspiration came from
  • Ron W4RDM
    Ron W4RDM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    "When I'm through, everybody will be able to afford one, and about everybody will have one." Henry Ford
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    "Any color you want, as long as it's black." I'm curious, some people have speculated that the 'M' in the 'leaked' model numbers denotes something meaningful, for example: "M" for Military, might indicate a radio with continuous TX/RX from 1.6-30 MHz - this seems fairly likely. "M" for Multiple Clients would seem a bit less likely, but could be an interesting feature some might find useful. "M" for includes Maestro seems plausible, but why invent a whole new radio ID for what essentially would be a simple bundle of two existing off-the-shelf parts? But what I don't understand, and I'd love someone to expand, on what an "M" for Mobile Optimized might actually mean. What features would a 'mobile optimized' Flex radio have? I'd love to hear thoughts on what Flex could do to create a "Mobile Optimized" transceiver...
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    >I thought I'd stir up the **** a little bit

Time to get out the accordion again and yodel the FLEX song to draw a crowd... <g>

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Small size, built in wifi, built in 2m/70cm. Just a guess.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Built in 2m/70cm? If it did full duplex, I'd have to try and find some way to trade up for that! But I doubt I would get it through the local "finance committee!".... I do agree on the possibility of built-in Wifi & Bluetooth. That would make some sense. One more day and a half and the world will know.
  • KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    So since my 6500 is now late on the promised delivery... perhaps it is being held up pending the addition of some wonderful new features?

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    "M" as in More Money
  • Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    IDT Flex wants to get into vhf/uhf unless they can build a radio that will out perform a good transverter.  They had a taste if that with the Flex 5000 V/U
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hopefully the delay means it will arrive at the same time as the ssdr version that doesn't hang is released. At that point I may feel confident enough to invest in a 6700 ready for next contest season. If there is no update on that issue this evening I am afraid that any number of new models will be of no interest to contesters who need reliable performance whilst running pile ups. For those of us who have waited patiently for the fix, and who cannot be present this evening, I hope flex will be streaming the announcements or putting up information on here at the same time, so that we can be aware of the progress made as well as the future roadmap.
  • Wheelin Rev
    Wheelin Rev Member
    edited August 2017
    Well, today is the BIG reveal day (Edit: or is it??? The FlexRadio website says not until the banquet...). Stay tuned for some Facebook postings from our friends on-site. Unless Tim would give us the lowdown this morning... (Edit: Maybe I'm a tad early...)
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Black.. so my guess that "M" was for Mauve is wrong...... Safe travels everyone! 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Now Tim I can imagine the smile on your face just like the cat that has the mouse tale sticking out of it's mouth. Lots of guessing on 6400/6600 but I'm hoping there are some real big features to be checked of the v2.0 wish list besides SmartLink. Such as: The ability to slide slices to another monitor, some support to 3rd party products like Antenna Genius so I can change antenna inputs from Maestro, get diversity to work on 6700, get 2m to work on frequency (calibration), Maestro memory knob, bolder/larger frequency display in slice when clicking to left of frequency just to name a few on my wishlist. Unfortunately it looks like we'll have a month or few still before well get access to v2.0. I'm taking deep breaths.
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The ability to take a slice and move it to another monitor is available now... I have five 20 inch monitors with one slice on each. 
    Just grave and slide...
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2017
    I think he means having different panadapters on each monitor. ( my home brew version of SSDR does it) James WD5GWY
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Whoops, yes I mean "ability to slide panadapters to another monitor"
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    They're already doing VHF natively with the 6700. That said it would be nice to have a panadapter for rover type operations (which I do). I've been investigating the possibility of taking my 6700 along for the ride along with an appropriate PA and xvtr for the higher bands.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    :)
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I do mean panadapter but can you explain how you get a slice within one panadapter to display on a different monitor?
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    "Just (grab) and slide" All you should need to do is click on the top bar of the window of the panadapter and drag it to the other monitor. I think your terminology is off - panadapter are in slices, not the reverse.
  • KM6CQ - Dan
    KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Now that's customer service. :)

Dan KM6CQ
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Nope, that surely doesn't work for me, I've got 3, 22" monitors, when I grab a panadapter bar and drag it to another screen, it does not stay and bounces back to the SmartSDR display.
  • Rob N4GA
    Rob N4GA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    What's missing in the line up is a small FLEX1500 type radio.

5-10w output, no tuner
    No Fan
    160-6m 
    small form factor
    ETH + WiFi + Bluetooth
    WAN capable out of the box

Maybe $1500

I'd buy one tomorrow. I build LDMOS amps so I don't need more than 5w. 

Rob
    n4ga

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    The hold up un 6500'was parts shortage, which has been resolved and they should start shipping soon.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I was actually kinda wondering if the new models would be offered in different colors, since other manufacturers sometimes do that in between major product updates. :)  So since they are all black, there goes my theory!
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

image  Tim, anyone ever tell you that you're just a tease???

I'm having anxiety issues over here...!

Thanks buddy...

• KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thank you!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I always thought it would be great to build the Maestro into a stand alone 100W transceiver, even just using the front face of the Maestro on the box, That would **** Icom.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.