Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Adding Slicemaster to Existing FT8 Setup

Neil D Friedman N3DF
Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in Third-Party Software
For the past eight months, I have enjoyed operating FT8 without Slicemaster.  I use the SDR software inside my Flex 6600M with WSJT-X, DAX and CAT open on my PC.  If I add Slicemaster to this setup, will I have to reconfigure DAX, CAT or the 6600M's software or willl Slicemaster take care of everything?  I am not particularly astute with computers and don't want to mess up a good thing.  Thanks. 

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I recently started using slicemaster with wsjt-x for the spot feature and i did not have to change anything in my configuration.
  • WF7B
    WF7B Member
    edited May 2019
    I only use slice master for cw skimmer and only sometimes because it has a nasty habit of leaving cw skimmer process not properly closed. I never use it for wsjtx, with jtalert I see no reason.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Correct.  Just run Slicemaster and it will do all the configuration.  

This video might help you out.

Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj85yjVcTTk
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    John,

Which version of Slice Master were you using?   Current is v0.10.5h.  I like to break Slice Master of any nasty habits it might have.  If the problem can be reproduced, I'll do my best to fix it.  Just tell me more about what you were seeing, or better yet, send an email to the address on the Slice Master splash screen.

There's not much overlap between what Slice Master does and JTAlert does.  JTAlert is for logging and identifying WSJT-X spots.  Slice Master is designed to configure and launch WSJT-X (and a handful of other programs) on any slice at any time with minimal effort on your part.  It's also pretty good at putting spots in the panafall and "coloring" them.  ...just sayin'

--Don

• WF7B
    WF7B Member
    edited January 2019
    Will check this evening, it was the most recent as of cqww cw.
  • WF7B
    WF7B Member
    edited January 2019
    v0.10.5b. When changing bands via profile, the CW skimmer window closed but remained a background process eating cpu resources and would continue to add another process each time until I noticed the cpu crawling to a halt and manually ended those processes in task manager.

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    John

Um, here's Slicemaster v0.10.5h if it helps any. 

https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000/releases/download/v0.10.1/slice-master-6000-v0.10.5h.zip 

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User-created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    John,

Many bugs have been fixed since .5b.  There .5h still has some issues with profile induced band changes, but the fix for that is already in my current development version and will make the next release.

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.