Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Add TX EQ to mic input selection persistance?

k0eoo
k0eoo Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
When I change mic inputs usually means I'm changing mic's and therefore will need to change the TX EQ setting and/or turn TX EQ off. An example is when I select BAL, I'm using my outboard audio chain and want EQ off, but, when I select the front mic input I want it on for my PR781 mic. I love the fact there is persistence for some of the mic inputs selection like gain and compressor, that helps a lot! Could Flex add TX EQ to that list of items attached to the mic input selection persistence?? Thanks and Happy New Year! Dennis, k0eoo
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I think this is a good idea, and could be made even better by having a pull down menu of TX profiles linked to each mike input, so a person could select an input, and automatically be given a choice of saved profiles that include EQ settings, TX Filter Bandwidth, Mike Gain, Compression Level, etc. This might be the logical place to park this profile option so we can choose from Rag Chew, DX, Weak Signal, ESSB, AM, FM, etc. Either have it linked to the input choice button, or have a separate button, but have the choices only show up for the particular input that has been selected. Linking it to the input might be a good way to sort out various profiles and reduce the clutter.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yes, expanding the idea to include the TX filter bandwidth with TX EQ and the others that are already tied to the selected mode would work for me! I really like the mic persistence being tied to the mode. In the future, maybe Flex can expand to include different mic's like in PSDR, I'm sure they're headed that way....
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Maybe I am a bit OCD, but in PowerSDR I had about 4 profiles set up for each of 3 mikes - Standard Hand Mike, EV-664, & PR22UT - one each for Rag Chew, DX, ESSB & AM, and a couple of extras thrown in just for fun and comparison. But this is one of the things that makes the Flex concept so much fun! How much work would it have been in the old days to experiment with EQing my TX like I can with tese new rigs? No wonder so many rigs sounded lousy!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.