Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Adaptimicator Needed - 3.5mm stereo audio to MP3 - Flash USB

k3Tim
k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Maestro
Is there a way to take audio from the Maestro to the audio of in-dash sound system (car-rad). The car-rad does not have external audio input jacks (extremely odd!).  If a USB flash drive is plugged into car-rad USB port it's scanned for MP3 files and the "song" catalog displayed on the dash console display. Realizing this is rather esoteric, an audio to USB/MP3 adapter that makes the live audio appear as a MP3 file on flash would work nicely. 

I'd rather avoid an FM transmitter. BT is out for obvious reasons.

_..--
 TiM

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Tim

Bluetooth would be the simple answer.   The reason you might not use it is not obvious to me.  Please explain, or is it that it would take your phone offline.

FM transmitter might be your only quick solution, or you could buy a new car with an audio input line.  :)

Mike
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Hi Mike

:-)  The car is actually somewhat new, 2016.  I generally keep cars a long time as the 2nd vehicle is a '76.

The BT can't be used direct from Maestro.  

BT is available in the car-rad though and works well..

TU / Tim
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Ah, but they do make Audio to BT transmitters, so that might be a quick fix.  Something like this:  https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless/dp/B01IV1H1ME/ref=sr_1_1_s...

Pair to the Car audio as a streaming device and then feed the line out from the Maestro to the BT transmitter.  

Mike va3mw

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    That will work well, especially since it'll pair 2 devices at once. 
    Order placed.

Thanks for the help Mike.

_..--
     TiM
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Cool... let us know how it works out.  At least you can always return it if it won't work for you.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.