Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Active SmartSDR operator status on the web

2»

Comments

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    @Salvador

Will do.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Up and running with 6 panadapters.
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    As long as there is another checkbox so a Flex radio user can decide if the info they are sending goes to ONLY other Flex radio users, or to the general public. 

Cheers
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Well I think this request is out of scope Walt.  The idea proposed was an option/sw to upload your current radio data along with call and optional location to a web service.

By the very nature of publishing it to the web you become somewhat public.  

There is the option that the website could be protected and require a login to view the data but that would be further down the road.
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Mark - I misunderstood when I read a user would need a flex radio to make the reports - I was thinking that only people that made reports would see the results.  Thanks for the clue-in.

Cheers - and have a good new years eve !
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Really, there is no requirement that this be a website accessible to the public or even by an approved user account. This was just a simplistic suggestion.

Since an application is being created to query connect to a 6000 series radio, I could see that the application might also be the user interface to find other users in addition to posting your own status. It could then be security constrained to only users who are connected to a Flex 6000 radio. Likely, there would still need to be a centralized database, perhaps with an XML API/WSDL which this application leverages, but with some TLS/SSL magic that could all be secured and thereby not usable by anybody other than a real Flex user with an actual radio in their possession.

Don't let my original suggestion about a web page put a box around what could be so much more.

For example, wouldn't it be cool if you could see other SmartSDR users appearing in the panadapter at the frequency and mode they are on as you are browsing the bands? WOW, that would be Smart.

Danny
    K2DMS
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi all,

I have a new version of the Agent and I've sent email links to those of you I have emails for to download and install it.

I have a basic website up and running.  If you are running the latest agent and you have stuff enabled on it, your station status will show up at:

http://www.hamradioinfo.net/index.php/activity

If you don't have the agent and want to give it a try, send me an email at:  ws7m@arrl.net
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That's darn impressive Mark!  Very nice work.

Peter
    K1PGV
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Thanks Peter, you'd probably take one look at my C++ and run away screaming.  I am from the "old" C++ and it is taking me a while to learn the 11 ways.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    A picture of the early adopters:

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Thought I would check that it works with transverters :) Great work, looking forward to the map!
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Hi Phil, I had no way to test that and was happy to see you up on 2m DSTR and FM!  Thanks for doing that!
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited November 2016
    Mark,

I installed the client on my small server "Odd Job" in the closet and it's function great. Thanks for all  your efforts in this task.  Amazed on how much you managed to do in a few days. Took me over a month and some help just to get C# to connect to my radio...

Our hopes that you have a Happy and Prosperous New Year..

Dan --- KC4GO
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Hi Dan, Thanks.  I program for a living and when I have an interest in something I generally dig in and can get it done quickly.  It is how I made my living for years.

The program has bugs and weaknesses that will need to be addressed.  We'll get there but for now it is basic and working.

Thanks for being a part of this.  I am excited to hear if this helps people to setup a contact.

Danny K2DMS was the first on after I posted the update.  I used the comment feature to ask him to go to a clear frequency so we could try to link up.  Unfortunately he doesn't have a working antenna but the website allowed us to link up and communicate.  Had he a working antenna we would have tried an air link.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the agent Mark, I am testing it with the 6700 on the PC and the 6300 on K6TU iPad Remote App, I got  2 duplicate entries in the agent, for the 6700 but not the 6300, I restarted the agent but no change!
    double clicking on either entries shows the 6700 data.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Hi Ali, Located in 

c:Users<your user>AppDataLocalHamRadioInfoHRIAgent

Are some app log files.  Can you email me that latest one.  Ideally if you can stop the agent.  Then start it, double click on the 6700

Then go and get the file and send it to me that would be great.  ws7m@arrl.net
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Remote installed to La Jolla m Not reporting my slice nor is it updating to V0.53.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Howard, please email me your applog from 

c:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\HamRadioInfo\HRIAgent\
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Hi All,

I've updated the website:  www.hamradioinfo.net to have a support page as well as an agent page.  On the agent page you can download installers.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Mark,

Issue is resolved now by changing the Nickname for each radio according to your advise.

Many thanks, excellent job
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hi Mark,

I had HRI running overnight and this morning it was using 325K memory

Restarted now and it starts at different values. As low as 8k or even at 15k.

memory leak?
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Hi Salvador.  Yes I think so and I think it is related to behavior I've seen where a timer problem occurs.  Working on it.  Thanks!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I just installed this morning and working fine!  thanks!
    Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.