Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Activate V2.0

2»

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited July 2017
    You can do internet connection sharing. Matt posted how to do this earlier today. Sorry, I don't have the link handy.
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    There was a post earlier about sharing internet connection, say when your Flex is plugged into a laptop Ethernet jack and the laptop is on a wireless network. You need to give the radio internet access, there are many ways to do it: Wired connection Wireless thru a gaming adapter Shared internet connection thru a computer A radio plugged into an Ethernet jack on a wireless computer may not have internet access.
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Your radio needs internet access, a gaming adapter is just one way to accomplish that. You can share your desktop's wireless connection, for example.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    If you are having issues, open a HelpDesk support ticket.
  • PE3DON
    PE3DON Member
    edited February 2018
    I would like to use smartlink in connection with my intranet.

I   NEVER  have my windows 7 machine connected to the internet to evade all these **** windows upgrades, driver distorsions and virus problems.
    Does this virtually mean I do not have access to an upgrade to V2 ?

Is there a way around to just do the upgrade via the Maestro?

What does Flex company with my extra VAT payment, how does this actually work?
    Every tiny country over here seems to have its own VAT registration system. I might even upgrade from Svalbard.

73, PE3DON, LA4SSA
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hi

You do not require SmartLink if you are only using your radio locally.  You can do a local connection with V1 software.   

The Maestro will need to be connected to the internet and the radio on the same LAN in order to update to any newer version.  This can be a 1 time thing as the radio will have to connect to the FRS servers to finish your authorization process.  

The VAT is an EU law.  Sorry, there is no way around that and FRS has to send the VAT funds they collect to the EU.  We don't keep it.

If you don't require SmartLink, then you may not require V2 at all.  

73, Mike va3mw

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.