Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Activate V2.0

Richard
Richard Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I paid with PayPal and the account shows Pending.  I hit the Refresh Button on the sMartSDR Window and obviously nothing happens.  Does FRS have issues picking up the $199 from PayPal.   Stuck without you giving me Credit.... I guess.  

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution. 
  • W9YU
    W9YU Member
    edited July 2017
    I too have paid but can't get the refresh button to update the license status.
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Depending on how PayPal purchases were configured, the money may need to be 'accepted' by the seller (Flex), which is typically a manual process. That may or may not be the issue here, but I thought i'd share some insight on how paypal might be working.
  • W9YU
    W9YU Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Ken. I submitted a support ticket.  
  • Gary Jf
    Gary Jf Member
    edited July 2017
    I have the same problem.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Gary, please open a helpdesk ticket in order to get this resolved. thanks
  • Gary Jf
    Gary Jf Member
    edited July 2017
    Ticket was sent
  • rob
    rob Member
    edited July 2017
    Tim, same issue here too.
  • Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yup. Me too
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    We have had a lot of people call in with problems today with their radios not connected to the Network at all.  If you are having an issue, please confirm that your radio can reach the internet network wise.  

• Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Its on the network. Paid via paypal, "License Required" is still displaying.
    -rebooted PC
    -rebooted flex
    -waited only about :30 minutes though.
  • rob
    rob Member
    edited July 2017
    PayPal says the sale is pending and that Bronz Bear Comm has not completed the order
  • Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Same here. :-(
  • rob
    rob Member
    edited July 2017
    I did submit a help desk ticket. I'm sure between FR and myself it will get resolved. I must say that FR has been great to deal with. K1SR Rob
  • Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Is there a way, like using putty, to log into the radio to make sure it see's the internet? Its directly plugged into the computer i'm currently using, so i'm just assuming it can see the www but you ask to make sure and confirm the "radio can reach the internet". 
    elaborate plz.
  • lyndy brannen
    lyndy brannen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    PayPal customer service solved a problem for me.  

• Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Wierd. Mine says "This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when Bronze Bear Communications, Inc. completes your order."
  • lyndy brannen
    lyndy brannen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    PayPal fixed this exact issue for me a couple of hours ago. 888 221 1161. I was surprised.
  • Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    thx. on hold w/them now.
  • Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Odd. They told me they have to wait for the vendor, there was nothing they could do. What did they do for you?
  • rob
    rob Member
    edited July 2017
    Jeff, I resolved the issue on my end. it seems once I connected the computer and radio to the router everything went fine. Tim, Please cancel my help desk ticket. K1SR Rob
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Jeff Carson .. If the IP address of the radio is 169.****..., then there is no way for it to call home to FRS and get licensed.  This is the case with most people who just plug the radio into their computer. 

All you have to do is plug the radio into your router/switch that is part of your home LAN network and the radio will do the rest once it gets an IP address from your router.

The quick fix is to just plug it into the router via what ever means possible.  Yes there are more technical ways you can do this, but this is the easiest.

Mike

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Jeff Carson .. If the IP address of the radio is 169.****..., then there is no way for it to call home to FRS and get licensed.  This is the case with most people who just plug the radio into their computer. 

All you have to do is plug the radio into your router/switch that is part of your home LAN network and the radio will do the rest once it gets an IP address from your router.

The quick fix is to just plug it into the router via what ever means possible.  Yes there are more technical ways you can do this, but this is the easiest.

Mike

• rob
    rob Member
    edited July 2017
    That was exactly how I was configured Mike. Once I connected both pieces to the router it went just fine
  • Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I am all wireless, everything... 
    Can I just unhook everything and walk my flex and plug it into my office closet where the router is, once, and thats it?
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    mine is plugged into my router and i have an ip address  of 192.168.1.126. still will not get licensed
    w5ytt
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Your Flex-6300 needs a connection to something on it's Ethernet jack... where does that cable go? I am guessing it is plugged into your computer, and it is creating the world's smallest wired network with only two connections, your computer and the radio. To access your radio remotely, it needs to be on your network, which can be done with a 'wireless gaming adapter' (it puts a game machine on a wireless network), so it can be a peer on your wireless network. To access
  • Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Odd that the computer is connected to the internet, but the radio is unable too. I didn't see that one coming.
  • Kevin N9JKP
    Kevin N9JKP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    So I need wireless gaming adapter just to get my radio updated???  I too am all wireless and my router is in another building (house).
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    my radio is connected to the router, which is connected to the internet via dsl

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.