Activate V2.0

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
I paid with PayPal and the account shows Pending.  I hit the Refresh Button on the sMartSDR Window and obviously nothing happens.  Does FRS have issues picking up the $199 from PayPal.   Stuck without you giving me Credit.... I guess.  
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 123 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3542 Reply Likes
I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution. 
Photo of W9YU

W9YU

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I too have paid but can't get the refresh button to update the license status.
Photo of Ken Hansen

Ken Hansen

• 318 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Depending on how PayPal purchases were configured, the money may need to be 'accepted' by the seller (Flex), which is typically a manual process.

That may or may not be the issue here, but I thought i'd share some insight on how paypal might be working.
Photo of W9YU

W9YU

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Ken. I submitted a support ticket.  
Photo of Gary Jf

Gary Jf

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem.
Photo of Mike va3mw

Mike va3mw

• 824 Posts
  • 198 Reply Likes
Gary, please open a helpdesk ticket in order to get this resolved. thanks
Photo of Gary Jf

Gary Jf

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ticket was sent
Photo of rob

rob

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Tim, same issue here too.
Photo of Jeff Carson

Jeff Carson

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yup. Me too
Photo of Mike va3mw

Mike va3mw

• 824 Posts
  • 198 Reply Likes
We have had a lot of people call in with problems today with their radios not connected to the Network at all.  If you are having an issue, please confirm that your radio can reach the internet network wise.  
Photo of Jeff Carson

Jeff Carson

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Its on the network. Paid via paypal, "License Required" is still displaying.
-rebooted PC
-rebooted flex
-waited only about :30 minutes though.
Photo of rob

rob

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
PayPal says the sale is pending and that Bronz Bear Comm has not completed the order
Photo of Jeff Carson

Jeff Carson

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same here. :-(
Photo of rob

rob

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I did submit a help desk ticket.
I'm sure between FR and myself it will get resolved. I must say that FR has been great to deal with.
K1SR
Rob
Photo of Jeff Carson

Jeff Carson

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there a way, like using putty, to log into the radio to make sure it see's the internet? Its directly plugged into the computer i'm currently using, so i'm just assuming it can see the www but you ask to make sure and confirm the "radio can reach the internet". 
elaborate plz.
Photo of lyndy brannen

lyndy brannen

• 42 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
PayPal customer service solved a problem for me.  

Photo of Jeff Carson

Jeff Carson

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Wierd. Mine says "This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when Bronze Bear Communications, Inc. completes your order."
Photo of lyndy brannen

lyndy brannen

• 42 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
PayPal fixed this exact issue for me a couple of hours ago. 888 221 1161. I was surprised.
Photo of Jeff Carson

Jeff Carson

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thx. on hold w/them now.
Photo of Jeff Carson

Jeff Carson

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Odd. They told me they have to wait for the vendor, there was nothing they could do. What did they do for you?
Photo of rob

rob

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Jeff, I resolved the issue on my end. it seems once I connected the computer and radio to the router everything went fine.
Tim,
Please cancel my help desk ticket.
K1SR
Rob
Photo of Mike va3mw

Mike va3mw

• 824 Posts
  • 198 Reply Likes
Jeff Carson .. If the IP address of the radio is 169.xxx..., then there is no way for it to call home to FRS and get licensed.  This is the case with most people who just plug the radio into their computer. 

All you have to do is plug the radio into your router/switch that is part of your home LAN network and the radio will do the rest once it gets an IP address from your router.

The quick fix is to just plug it into the router via what ever means possible.  Yes there are more technical ways you can do this, but this is the easiest.

Mike
Photo of Mike va3mw

Mike va3mw

• 824 Posts
  • 198 Reply Likes
Jeff Carson .. If the IP address of the radio is 169.xxx..., then there is no way for it to call home to FRS and get licensed.  This is the case with most people who just plug the radio into their computer. 

All you have to do is plug the radio into your router/switch that is part of your home LAN network and the radio will do the rest once it gets an IP address from your router.

The quick fix is to just plug it into the router via what ever means possible.  Yes there are more technical ways you can do this, but this is the easiest.

Mike
Photo of rob

rob

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
That was exactly how I was configured Mike. Once I connected both pieces to the router it went just fine
Photo of Jeff Carson

Jeff Carson

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am all wireless, everything... 
Can I just unhook everything and walk my flex and plug it into my office closet where the router is, once, and thats it?
Photo of clint yates

clint yates

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
mine is plugged into my router and i have an ip address  of 192.168.1.126. still will not get licensed
w5ytt
Photo of clint yates

clint yates

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
my radio is connected to the router, which is connected to the internet via dsl
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3542 Reply Likes
If you are having issues, open a HelpDesk support ticket.
Photo of Ken Hansen

Ken Hansen

• 318 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Your Flex-6300 needs a connection to something on it's Ethernet jack... where does that cable go? I am guessing it is plugged into your computer, and it is creating the world's smallest wired network with only two connections, your computer and the radio.

To access your radio remotely, it needs to be on your network, which can be done with a 'wireless gaming adapter' (it puts a game machine on a wireless network), so it can be a peer on your wireless network.

To access
Photo of Kevin N9JKP

Kevin N9JKP

• 39 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
So I need wireless gaming adapter just to get my radio updated???  I too am all wireless and my router is in another building (house).
Photo of Michael Walker

Michael Walker, Official Rep

• 829 Posts
  • 235 Reply Likes
You can do internet connection sharing. Matt posted how to do this earlier today.

Sorry, I don't have the link handy.
(Edited)
Photo of Ken Hansen

Ken Hansen

• 318 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Your radio needs internet access, a gaming adapter is just one way to accomplish that.

You can share your desktop's wireless connection, for example.
Photo of Jeff Carson

Jeff Carson

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Odd that the computer is connected to the internet, but the radio is unable too. I didn't see that one coming.
Photo of Ken Hansen

Ken Hansen

• 318 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
There was a post earlier about sharing internet connection, say when your Flex is plugged into a laptop Ethernet jack and the laptop is on a wireless network. You need to give the radio internet access, there are many ways to do it:

Wired connection
Wireless thru a gaming adapter
Shared internet connection thru a computer

A radio plugged into an Ethernet jack on a wireless computer may not have internet access.
Photo of Don

Don

• 25 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I would like to use smartlink in connection with my intranet.

I   NEVER  have my windows 7 machine connected to the internet to evade all these stupid windows upgrades, driver distorsions and virus problems.
Does this virtually mean I do not have access to an upgrade to V2 ?

Is there a way around to just do the upgrade via the Maestro?

What does Flex company with my extra VAT payment, how does this actually work?
Every tiny country over here seems to have its own VAT registration system. I might even upgrade from Svalbard.

73, PE3DON, LA4SSA
Photo of Mike va3mw

Mike va3mw

• 824 Posts
  • 198 Reply Likes
Hi

You do not require SmartLink if you are only using your radio locally.  You can do a local connection with V1 software.   

The Maestro will need to be connected to the internet and the radio on the same LAN in order to update to any newer version.  This can be a 1 time thing as the radio will have to connect to the FRS servers to finish your authorization process.  

The VAT is an EU law.  Sorry, there is no way around that and FRS has to send the VAT funds they collect to the EU.  We don't keep it.

If you don't require SmartLink, then you may not require V2 at all.  

73, Mike va3mw