Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Acom 600s not working

Options
Santiago Mejia HI8O
Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
Me again with another question. I'm trying to configure an Acom 600s to operate with my Flex 6300. The cable is working fine, as radio is detecting Acom, following it's frequencies, etc. BUT, when I'm following the test transmission per the manual, I'm good in the first few tests, until I get to the setting of drive level.

When I try to set the drive level I get an error from the amp saying "Detected RF Power at the Wrong Time" and can't go from there.

Any suggestions?

73, Santiago
HI8SMX

Answers

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks John! I swear I looked for previous posts!!!!

Santiago
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    It happens my friend, no worries. I just hope it helps. Good luck with it.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Well, I tried the TX delay and no luck. I keep getting the same message whenever I try to drive the Amp. Will have the read the manual again and search a little bit further.

Santiago
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Good morning. Like always, it was a rookie operator mistake. I didn't properly configured my Flex 6300 for the keying by the Acom. Now its working as it should be.

I've put both the cable going to the Flex, including the RCA (made by Dan KC5PCB) and RS232 going to the PC, where I've installed Acom Director Plus (by James M0YOM) to facilitate the handling of the amp when operating outside the shack.

Great addition to a great radio. 

Santiago 
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks for the follow-up!! Glad all is well.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Dear all, good nite. I'm trying to get DDUtil to handle my Acom 600S, but so far I haven't had any luck. Looked at previous posts on this, but no luck either. Acom is working smoothly with Acom Director Plus and it's following the radio with the separate cable, but when I try to configure it with DDUTIL it doesn't seem to work

Santiago

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.