Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ACOM 600S Detected RF Power At Wrong Time Error?

Moose
Moose Member ✭✭
Occasionally when using my FLEX-6500 with my ACOM 600S I get the error "Detected RF Power At Wrong Time." The ACOM manual isn't much help nor is Google. Anybody else get this error? How did you fix it?

73 Chris AK4SK

Answers

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    It sounds like it hot switching error make sure you have a small delay dialed in to the TX output connection. I believe I'm using 25 milliseconds
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Use 20 ms at TX Delay. Thats all. 73.
  • Moose
    Moose Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I figured it out. My tuner, a Palstar AT-AUTO, was preventing the amp from keying. It was doing this even though it had auto-tuned to a frequency I had used before. After I manually tuned the issue went away. 

By the way, do either of you use buffers between the amp and your Flex?

73 Chris AK4SK
  • W0JD
    W0JD Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    No buffer just a repurposed Video RCA cable as a PTT cable and echoing the others a 20ms delay in the TX tab.

73, Jay

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    No need for a buffer the flex interface works just fine
  • WA6HTP - Juan Rivera
    WA6HTP - Juan Rivera Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Chris, I'm right behind you. I received the AT Auto last week and the 600S is supposed to ship in one week or so. How is the tuner preventing the amp from keying? I'm under the impression that all I need to do is hook up my USB to Binary cable from the flex to the 600S for band information and I'm good go, and that even that interface is not really required since the 600S will determine the band on its own with an internal freq counter. The need for a TX delay has really got me confused. Are you using a keying line from the Flex to the Amp? I can see that you might need a delay before outputting RF, but I didn't think a keying line was required. Please excuse my ignorance. 73 Juan WA6HTP
  • Moose
    Moose Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thanks. I'll add the delay time to my settings.
  • Moose
    Moose Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    You can set the tuner up in the menu so that it will not allow the amp to key under certain conditions, such as when the SWR is greater than a certain value, while tuning, when in bypass mode, and there may be some other options. This is a very good option to have enabled. I'm not sure why the tuner wasn't allowing the keying to pass through in this case since it was in automatic and I was on a freqeuncy I had used many times before so the tuner had good match data settings to go to when I changed frequency. 

73 Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.